Very poor looking plants..Curling tips..Rust spots..& Rough dry le

I wish i could just let them be but they were doing very well after the flush and now they are rapidly declining again. I am never doing this top down fed system again. The res is just too hard to control. Next time i'll use a soiless mix and hand water.

Question: does the res water temp effect anything? Could i use a heater to raise the water temp? What temp? Will that help keep the ph at 5.8?

Question: does the res water temp effect anything? Could i use a heater to raise the water temp? What temp? Will that help keep the ph at 5.8?

The roots need to be warm , so Yes , the res water temp does affect the plant .

Yes you can use a fish tank heater to raise the temp.

It MAY help keep the PH stable as the plant wont be stressing and uptaking more elements than others from the Nutes .

Its all been said jondgls all I will add is that, I prefer to keep res temps at 20-22 max as opposed to 22-24c because you are playing Russian roulette with root rot, yes nutrient uptake is best at 24c but not worth the risk for little benefit IMO.

All the best.

Looks like an over fert problem, yet the leaves aren't the dark colour they should be. Agreed?

You say you flushed recently? 2 weeks ago? That's not very recent dude.

Plus you say the pH is wandering a lot.

I think your water is a bit hard, ie lots of minerals, particularly lots of Carbonate, which will cause the pH to continue to rise.

Soon as the pH heads past 7-7.5 the chelates(stuff that allows the minerals to be absorbed into the roots) that are responsible for iron are knocked out, giving a yellow leaf.

Try changing your nutrient every 10 days, only top the res up with fresh water and keep a check on the pH daily to ensure the pH doesn't go past 6.

The leaf tips are curling under because the roots have been damaged somehow, could be any number of reasons, overwatering, overfertilising.

They will power once you get the teething problems sorted

What's the EC of your water straight out of the tap?