Magnesium Deficent plant

Hi Guys I have identified one of my plants as being deficent in Magnesium, lower leaves are browny black at the tips ( and getting bigger) and the higher leaves are starting to show the same symptons?

...I have heard you can treat it with magnesium, any ideas how??

Hi raven6,

Firstly you would need to confirm you diagnosis correctly - discounting other possibilities as Mg deficiency may be a common problem abut most Canna specific nutrients have sufficiently low amounts of Mg which is all the plant requires.

Mg deficiency is treated best by a "folier feed" (spray) @ lights out of a dose of Epsom salts.

The symptoms of Mg def are seen by the yellowing off of leaves between the veins leaving a green area around the leaves. Severe cases cause other nutrients to be 'locked-out' & rapid decomposition of the leaves (nicorete spots). I often confuse it with a lack of fresh air exzchange.

If you do a search you will find pic of it that show you very well what it is. Here is an example but you will finds better pictures post-5398-1245389338_thumb.jpg post-5398-1245389349_thumb.jpg

<_<

Nitty.

Hi Raven6,

Mg deficiency is treated by folier spray (feeding) @ lights out with Epsom salts;

Be sure of your diagnosis as it in severe cases magnesium deficient plant looks a lot like nutrient 'lock out' so check you PH.

Examples - post-5398-1245390192_thumb.jpgpost-5398-1245390200_thumb.jpg

N+MG deficiency is identified by "intervenial chlorosis, necrosis", and eventually a lockout of plant nutrients. The problems starts at the bottom of the plants and works it?s way up.

There is a good post HRER

<_<

Nitty.