PTSD, Depression, Anti-Depressants and Alcoholic Death

My emails from PTSD Vets and others indicate these drugs cause all kinds of adverse effects including nightmares and suicides.

The first report of what we now call PTSD was reported by a physician in an Egyptian Pharaohs Army. That must have been about 4000 years ago. PTSD has plagued those in psychologic traumatic endeavors ever since.

American and British Army doctors trivialized it at least starting with America’s Civil War when it was said to be “they miss their mothers”, “home sickness”, or “soldiers heart”. The British called it “lack of moral fiber”. Who seeks sudden horrible death?

WWI produced hundreds of thousands of “battle fatigue” and/or “shell shock” neither of which is accurate. The Infantry does about 90% of the fighting and “battle exhaustion” is far more correct. “Shell shock” has been replaced by Traumatic Brain Injury or TBI which it is mostly.

PTSD as a diagnosis didn’t come around till about 1970 during the “war in Vietnam”. This was a bloody, God awful war with traumatic casualties said to be not usually seen in other previous wars.

For the Korean “war”, we had MASH medical/surgical units attempting to put blown to bits Infantrymen back together. Even those surgeons got PTSD and if they got it maybe the blown apart Infantry must get it also?!?

Prior to the Nam War Opium and Opiates seem to be most used for PTSD after the American Civil War and even WWI. During WWII enlisted “battle exhaustion” cases were sent a mile or so back to Regiment where they were given a triple dose of a barbiturate usually Amytal which put them to sleep for 24 hours and then it was back to the front lines. For officers they went way back. In Europe frequently to Paris where they got in less lethal bar fights.

The use of barbiturates as sedatives was common after WWII. I myself was addicted to them while I was a patient in a VA Hospital. Withdrawl from addiction is bad.

After Nam, with large numbers of PTSD victims, new types of medications showed up to “cure” PTSD. The false medical propaganda is that PTSD is/was “depression” which it probably isn’t 90% of the time.

If PTSD is Depression, therefore why not call the new drugs Anti-depressants. Dr. Tod Mikuryia, the foremost cannabis/marijuana doctor in the world called these new drugs TOXIC ALTERATIVES.

He is/was correct. They all seem to have serious adverse side effects.

The first class were SSRI’s like Zoloft. The next are “second generation anti-depressants” such as TRAZADONE. The next are MAOI’s which prevent the bodies own enzymes from destroying these drugs. The example is PHENETZINE.

The next are Tricyclics such as ELAVIL. The next are Anti-adrenergics such as PRAZOSIN and PROPANLOL which block effects of adrenalin, the body’s natural stimulant.

The next are anti-convulsants such as GABAPENTIN.

The last type may be anti-psychotics such as RESPERIDONE.

There are about 40 of these drugs. Many PTSD patients have been given 20 or more with miserable side effects and I haven’t had an email from any PTSD Victim who said they helped. Many resorted to alcoholism and death. Audie Murphy became an alcoholic.

If this weird conglomeration of drugs makes you wonder what’s going on you are correct.

I have recently been treated as a lab rat to try some of these weird PTSD drugs.

My emails from PTSD Vets and others indicate these drugs cause all kinds of adverse effects including nightmares and suicides. These are two most prominent effects of PTSD.

Watch for our upcoming video segment on PTSD and our documentary that is in the works.

BEWARE ALL THE ANTI-DEPRESSANTS!!

Author: Dr. Phil Leveque

Date: 17 June 2009

Source: Salem-News.com

http://www.salem-news.com/articles/june172...ion_6-17-09.php

This guy doesn't seem like a very smart doctor. SSRI's were the THIRD class of anti-depressants. MAOI's were second. and Tri-cyclics were FIRST!

Also there's copious spelling mistakes. And MAOI's don't block enzymes from destroying any drugs. They are 'supposed' to work by stopping the mono amine oxidase from destroying serotonin. Hence increasing serotonin in the brain.

:peace:

Yeh High there :)

I had no idea about that Lucid , but I did find the article a little confusing ... um I still don't know what it's about exactly ;)

And this guy is a Doctor? :wacko: Trippy man , I must have laced my Bong :freak: makes you wonder which of those drugs he was on at the time of writing ...

Let me see here ...

War is Bad ... PTSD is bad (and not Depression mostly probably fyi) ... You can get that from war ... Then "Anti-deppressants/psychotics" are bad too , which is what your Doc will try and prescribe to you .. and oh yeh , addiction is bad too aswell also ...

Alcoholism and death , yeh that not much good either :(

O.k. then ... I don't really Know why I bothered posting .. ah yes ...

Any good links for info to find out more about all these suss "anti" drugs?? :bongon: Something more truthful than the mad money makers would have us believe? :D

Cheerz,

Budman :sly:

P.s. When I first read the info pamphlet that came with a packet of "anti" drugs , one of the first lines printed on it states "These Drugs are THOUGHT to work by .... Ahem!!! :faint: WTF!?!?!? ... this naturally should make people a little wary don't you think? ... They go on to mention chemical imbalances etc but that is all entirely irrelavant in lieu [sic?] of the first 6 words ;)

Why then are these drugs now more prevelant than ever?? :wub:

Be Vigilant :bow:

:D