Low Humidity

You lucky bastard :D

Cant get mine below 59% average more like 70% :/ bloody Huey :yinyang:

Low humidity shouldnt be a problem as long as the plants are well fed and not overheated, infact from what I've read optimum conditions for dense buds is low temps (16 to 18 night time, <24 day) with low humidity (<50%).

Not sure of the recommended minimum humidity, but if the plants arent suffering I wouldnt stress.

:peace:

You lucky bastard :bongon:

Cant get mine below 59% average more like 70% :bongon: bloody Huey :bongon:

Low humidity shouldnt be a problem as long as the plants are well fed and not overheated, infact from what I've read optimum conditions for dense buds is low temps (16 to 18 night time, <24 day) with low humidity (<50%).

Not sure of the recommended minimum humidity, but if the plants arent suffering I wouldnt stress.

:bongon:

Cheers THC

I have had no problems growing in low humidity conditions. In winter the %RH in my grow room is usally about 30%. Now here is the thing with humidity. Air likes to keep the same number of grains of moisture per pound of dry air regardless of temprature. As temperature increases RH% drops down. Not becuase there is less physical water in the air but the can hold more. So my next question for you would be how much does your temperature very in a day? When the lights are out how low does it drop. when the lights are on how hot is it in your grow room.

eg. according to the phycrometrics chart if say at 80F your %RH is 30% then if the lights go out at night and your temp drops to 60F your RH will increase to almost 55%.

SO tHE BIG QUESTION IS...Do you have a temerature problem or a humidity problem? OR if you add humidity to the air will your hum rise above 85% in the room at night when the air cools down. If you can PM me your min and max temps as well a humditiy at any given temp. I can better tell you how to solve this problem.

The bottem line about humidity is this. Recomended ranges for hum is between 45% and 55%. Most plants will stress if the humdity is to low. this is becuase they are consuming more water than normal. Now I have experanced consistantly over 5 years. That low humditiy grow rooms seem to produce less bud. But higher potantcy. It seems that plants stressed this way produce better dope. probbably similar to stressed vines producing better wine. Anyways just my too sense worth.