Interesting observation for increased resin production.

Hi all.

So i've previously done both veg and flower under the same HPS. This time at the start of flower I added 2x 24w 6400k daylight bulbs. They are relatively weak and more there to use while the HPS is off during maintenance time however have shown me a quite useful result.

The crowns which surround each of the CFLs on opposite sides of my current tent all have a quite visible increase in resin production. The lights are hardly a match for the crowns directly under the HPS bulb - so i'm led to believe this is a phenomena associated with the combining of spectrums.

I have not seen much discussed on this topic before, hoping someone has had similar experiences and can tell their stories about it's usefulness. I am only week 4 of flower and so the crowns are not visibly larger per say, just much more gorgeous to put it bluntly.

Should have posted with pics, however will do so to demonstrate my point ASAP and post back.

Cheers.

I'd actually expect more impact by using 'cooler' CFLs, maybe 3-4000K.

The idea that some higher temp (6500K) during flower could be of assistance is not far 'out there' though.

Elsewhere on the site you'll find my small cupboard, currently running 2*6500K and 1*5000K CFLs. When I turn them to 12/12 the intent is to run ~5*48W CFL, 3 at cooler temps and 2 at the higher.