First grow ever - aerogarden - advice needed!

Just got my aerogarden (still waiting on seeds) but I got my setup planned out, and I need some help for optimum growth.

Goal: to produce 2 ounces of bud in 2 months using the aerogarden (between 2-4 female blueryders). Makes a nice quart a week for me ;)

The first attachment is the part of my room the aerogarden will be in (I'm not sure what will happen to the walls but I'll line it with plain paper for reflecting light + protection). The second is a view of my closet, the light from the corner of the picture is where the aerogarden is (I'm planning on using that square piece of wood on the floor to make a makeshift 'door' to cover the majority of the space). The top is left open for ventilation.

I'm also planning on using a fan to send the odors into the bathroom, which has an extraction vent.

I'm using those regular herbs for now to get a bearing of how the machine works, but are there any things I can do to get my goal yield? I'm still paying off the aerogarden so buying stuff is out of the question (for now).

Pictures will be posted from around July 18th, that's when I plan to start the cycle. Any comments appreciated!

post-33164-1244787583_thumb.jpg

post-33164-1244792393_thumb.jpg

Well you ain't gonna get any bud in 2 months unless you use cuttings/clones

A vegetative light schedule is usually 18/6 - that means 18hrs of light and 6hrs of dark

A flowering light schedule is 12/12 - that means 12hrs of light and a minimum of 12hrs total darkness

I'm pretty sure that those aerogardens don't have a setting for 12/12 so you will have to turn the light off manually or plug the whole thing into a timer - you won't get any flowers/buds unless the plant gets 12hrs minimum of total darkness, that means no light at all ;)

generally the plants need a vege period before they can be flipped to flower, most strains take around 8wks to flower and can take up to 2 months from seed to get sexually mature enough to flower

but I have a feeling that you want to cheat and skip the vege period and go straight to 12/12 - it might keep the plant small enough to be contained in the aerogarden but your plant will never reach it's full potential and a reduced harvest size is the usual outcome

2oz? maybe...good luck

Jimbo :peace:

:peace:

G'day Wakenbake,

Good advice from Jimbo there.

Yeh , I'd think maybe 2 oz. is possible , but I'm reckoning it would be about the maximum .. but then again 2 pretty hefty CFL's there (220w I think Undisputed said) :D

As you know Undisputed has a decent thread underway atm , (no reason not to start your own ofc) :) ... I just tryed answering a few more of the issues there so I won't elaborate further at this point.

Hey man , just chuck in some Canna Seeds straight up :D ... fuck them other useless Herbs ;) Canna is an easy herb to grow too :)

You'll have the benefit now of learning of any potential problems with Undisputed's grow but I can see this working , Sure it's not optimum growing , but for people limited by time and space ... and just mildly interested in the hobby I think It might work suprisingly well ;) have to wait and see but I'm glad we got a couple going here now , props to ya lol

Is there an Instructions Booklet? ... if you would care to photograph that and post it I would be interested to read it.

No worries otherwise ... Good luck to ya ;)

Cheerz,

Budman ;)

I did a little research from a failed attempt on growing seeds in a pot on the balcony in autumn. I was pretty sure it wasn't gonna work but I had seeds from a bad bud sell so i figured i wouldnt use em for anything else... wish I had thought that through.

Anyway, I was planning on getting some lowryders or dwarfs that can take 24 hour flowering. If that applies only to autoflowering, I'll use the regular 18/6 veg time. I'll flower them whenever I guess, if that's possible, depending on how close they are to the 2 month deadline. I read they can be flowered the second you see 4 good leaves, but I need some confirmation.

Oh and I'm well up to date with Undisputed's thread ;) he gave me a lot of good tips for getting started but my major problem is paranoia about using a seed bank. The cop station is next door... I'm just way too convenient for them. The post office is also next door, they can just go nab me the second I pick them up. Even if the seeds get through, they'll probably be watching me. (I'm gathering this from what I read about other people's success/failure stories)

I really needed to confirm if this 2oz goal is possible, and you guys seem pretty reassuring ;) provided I use a seed with a quick life cycle... any recommendations?

Just to clarify, is my setup efficient enough for this goal? would I need better ventilation? (Thanks budman for clarifying my question about whether or not the bulbs are enough ;))

I'm gonna need some serious help as this plant grows since I've never gotten anything past a sprout before.

** My brother just called. He said he can get me some blueryder seeds if I head down to melbourne... maybe I should :peace: (shouldn't be a problem bringing seeds domestically right?)

Is there an Instructions Booklet? ... if you would care to photograph that and post it I would be interested to read it.

No worries otherwise ... Good luck to ya :wave:

Cheerz,

Budman :D

It's a brochure I'm afraid, if you really want to see it I could scan the pages and send them to you

Guys I'm trying to get the optimum growth here by using ppm calculations and making fertiliser. For anyone who knows their stuff, please see if I'm right with my calculations:

Seeds used will not be nutrient sensitive and can survive in most ranges, and the general maximum ppm is 1400.

Assuming tapwater has 300ppm (between 200-400), and other foreign compounds taking up 100ppm, I have 1000ppm of wiggle room for my NPK. To use a constant weight of fertilizer mix, the NPK percentage is 15/13.1/12.4. This gives an allowance ppm of NPK as 370/320/310, all within tolerable ranges for weed. The A/B=C calculation(Figures were N:2.47, P:2.44 K:2.5) allowed me to scale up to 2.5g/L to meet all needs, still within tolerable range.

The aerogarden takes 3.2 Litres of water so 2.5 * 3.2 = 8g of MiracleGro All Purpose Fertiliser

Sound about right? 8g is a fair bit!!