Are seeds useful for anything...

...besides growing? I'd like to grow a male and female to get some seeds so I don't have to order them again. I was suggested to pollinate the bottom of the female so I got both seeds and buds on the one plant, but then I wondered if maybe there was a way to get high from seeds. Maybe like a cooking recipe or something? (No I'm planning on smoking them ;) )

:peace:

I think your right Jimbo lol

Having personally smoked every part of a cannabis plant (yes even seeds , stem and roots) ... during my days as a research scientist ofc :) I agree.

SMoking a cone of seeds is highly unpleasant :) and besides just the slight heady feeling from smoking a big breath of carcinogenic smoke seems to do almost nothing to get ya stoned.

Not to mention it can be dangerous , I'd suggest wearing safety goggles ;) , those seeds can go off like fireworks mate ;)

Hahaha , ah memories , haven't had that happen for a while ;)

Also is hard to smoke a cone of seeds , they clog up the cone .. maybe chop them up first (;) , hopefully you wont need to try now)

Unrecommended ... as is smoking stems and ofc the roots ;)

What you CAN do is make an awesomely nutricicous Hemp Flour , more Omega 3's than you can poke a peice of Flax at ;)

The perfect protein.

Also can extract the oil somehow , altho now I think about it I know very little about the Hempseed food Industry , something else to polish up on no doubt :D

O.k. then , all the best with the plants mate ;)

Cheerz,

Budman ;)

P.s. Yeh , I also prefer not to seed the whole plant if can be avoided , I do a couple of lower branches ... (nuthin too carefull , I just make sure to only have small fingerprint of pollen (potentially 100's of seeds) and just give the young female flowers a tiny rub) :D That's about the least accurate way you could do it and it still works ;) Otherwise , a seed here and there throught all the buds I don mind either ... another way for only a few seeds is too leave the male pretty close (outdoor ofc) and just trim off 95% of it's flowers (balls) , you can see how that would work too : )

Rightio ... Bye Now.

TTBOMK seeds actually have a reasonable THC content and could be consumed with an excpectation of getting a buzz.

Seeds are however quite high in hemp oil which is a low THC component, and one of the best cooking oils on the planet, and there's also a large 'roughage' component (meal?, like corn-meal) which, among other things, makes a good flour. The seed husk is probably one of the very rare parts of the plant for which most do not have much use.

I'm pretty sure you don't get a buzz by cooking chips in hemp oil, but it wouldn't stop me from trying.

If you made bread from hemp flour that had not had the THC extracted you might get by OK.

Theory suggests that butane (or other solvents) could extract THC from pulverised seed.

I'd have to say that yes, munching on the odd seed as you mull up, is a reasonably nice experience, for a couple of seeds.

If however there are many seeds in the mull they get boring after a while and I don't think I'd like to chew on handfuls like peanuts. (unless, of course, it was ruly good seed man)

Thanks for the replies. I think the winner will be pollinating the lower branches. I was never considering smoking them but I thought maybe you could crush them and put them in a tea or something. I like nuts (not the hairy ones!) so maybe I'll try munching on some seeds and see if they're any good. Might be able to shit in the woods and grow a plant at the same time! I'll do a bit more research on the Hemp food industry and see what I can come up with. ;)

Just found this link for Hemp seed recipes in case anyone is interested.

http://www.hemp-guide.com/hemp-seed-nut-recipes.html

Does anyone know if a drug test would pick up Hemp seed? My guess would be no, but I want to make sure before I go offering any to my wife. I have a feeling she would be PISSED if she got fired cos of me. I've been there before and it's not fun.

Edited by Gee

;)

G'day again Gee,

I Highly doubt that any THC could be picked up in the blood from consuming Hemp Seeds ... if it is possible you'd probably have to eat a tonne a day or sumthin ;)

Considering seeds are very low in THC anyway , seeds from low-potency Hemp plants would have even less. ;)

That's my guess anyway ;)

Australia is the Only country in the world (As far as I know) that hasn't legalized Hemp Foods ... this is fucked and shows how arse-backwards this country is in so many ways. :D

It is one of the healthiest foods on the planet ... It's like their frightened little idiots that can't see ahead in time , ooh , how are we gonna War on the Evil Devil Weed and Free-Thinking peoples if they are Eating Hemp , Wearing Hemp , Cosmeticking Hemp and growing Hemp for Fibre :D Nope too scary.

Either that or Government and Processes are just so slow and crippled that almost nothing gets done , Ever. :) ... bit of both maybe.

heheh, but anyway I ramble ... where was I? ... oh yeah ...

With eating the seeds ... (making flour , cooking etc) .. they use de-husked seeds , I wouldn't know how to do this efficiently on a large scale at home ...

I'm sure there's some articles on that somewhere on WWW. ... not something I'm gonna look too much into as you CAN actually buy de-husked Hemp seeds from a few places , Hemp Flours , protein Powders (flour extract) , oil extracts etc etc ...

It's kept relatively quiet I beleive as it's still not legal , but you'll find some if ya look for it ;) or just import some yaself.

I keep meaning to get some to try myself , but always forget (gonna write it down now) ... the protein powder ones are meant to be good ... met a few people that just sprinkle a spoon on their cereal , or in their smoothie/coffee/milk etc etc ... just chuck a bit into any meal , Vary Nutricious ;) and I could do with a little nutrition.

O.k. then ... I'm lost now :)

Bye 4 Now ;)

Budman lol

P.s. If anyone find a good source to get Bulk Hemp Food basics ... please let me know :peace: Cheerz