COCO non hydroponic or NFT hydroponic ?

So just after getting the heads up from you lot on COCO or what I was doing wrong, I'm now thinking about an NFT system for the following reasons

I have grow cupboard 800x600x1800mm roughly. I could easily build a system out of containers/tubs etc from bunnings

I wont have to pull any potted plants out of my cupboard to flush them in the sink when its time to flush anymore(pain in the arse)

I wont have the sluggish rates of growth that I am experiencing with soil although COCO is much faster than soil, however again when I need to flush or upgrade to a bigger pot I wont have to do this with NFT just change the water.

I wont have to buy any more bags of soil or COCO as my grow medium will be water out of the tap and obviously the rockwool cubes that I have started the seedlings or clones in.

I wont have to scoop water out of the pot trays anymore when they get full

I have seen a mates NFT system and his plant are the best I have seen.The yields are very impressive for the size of his grow area.

I am confident I can get on top of any probs associated with NFT i.e algae, pithiums, mould etc I dont think burning the plants will be a problem I usually under feed my plants if anything

My only concern is are these water pumps loud/and will it sound like I've got a waterfall running in my laundry with a smurf on a miny outboard dingy trying to get up it??

My current system is very quiet, soil and COCO isn't too noisy ha ha and the exhaust fans are very quiet

Any advice pointers be very helpful.

John

id stick it out with coco its simple to use and reusable in the outdoor garden. Nft wont treat you well in summer and i think you probally have more issues if your not checking Ph ec daily.

A decent coco grow drip fed from a 200litre res means you ll only need to check / refill res once weekly or fortinght(1x light).

flushing is no problem in coco just manually turn pumps on when needed.

these pics may get you motivated

start of a coco grow in pots

post-5631-1244787601_thumb.jpg

from My recent cross bigbud x bush(m3) / white rhinoi x bushm3 seedlings in a bedgrow.post-5631-1244787845_thumb.jpg

Bigbud and white rhino `00 cuts. in current grow 4x pots per 600wt.

post-5631-1244788033_thumb.jpg

white rhino

post-5631-1244788208_thumb.jpg

Bigbud

post-5631-1244788380_thumb.jpg

goodluck John.c

post-5631-1244788160_thumb.jpg