Hi everyone,

I have a few Critical Mass plants on the go, trouble is they just aren't growing very well.

The clones are nearing 7 weeks of vege and are only 10-15cm tall, with strange leaf deformations, and dying back starting at the base.

I'm really pissed cause that's a lot of juice being used for nearly no results. My mate has the same strain at the same age and they are over two feet tall.

It was suggested to me that it could be root rot? :) The roots I can see near the top are an off white with some brown but I think that's some staining from the clay...???

They get the best of everything - new bulbs, rhizo, cannazym, nitrozym, sensi a+b, superthrive etc and the air exchange is awesome. EC is still sitting at 1.0 and ph is between 5.6 and 6.3

Water temps in res are 24C and the room temp is cool at 20C

Feeding times are 3mins every 3 hrs

Can anyone throw an opinion at me? Any suggestion would be great cause I'm about to bin them and start again

Jimbo B)

post-7898-1244455832_thumb.jpg

post-7898-1244455867_thumb.jpg

post-7898-1244455916_thumb.jpg

Edited by jimbojones5678

hehe good Q ... iits pretty hard to see them but their parents are small black flying insects, they lay the lavae in warm moist locations , the lavae gnaw on the tender rootlets and the clone/plant suffers ... you will see just the odd one fly away when medium is disturbed as a rule ... if there is no insects present then ya probably havent got 'em

B)

Hey mate,

What Frazzle says is usually the cause :/ but it can be caused by the pete pellet/rock wool staying too wet in the first fortnight :/

Ive just had the same problem, though mine was a combination of gnats and over watering. :)

Ive still got the infected plants....i ripped off the slimy roots and then blasted off 60% ofthe rock wool under the tape then let em dry out until they wilted and the gnats are gone....though i wouldn`t recommend doing that B) ......and now that they`re gone and the cube has dried out there`s new fresh roots forming :)

Hope ya get it sorted :)

Chron :/

Edited by Chronmasta

Hey mate,

What Frazzle says is usually the cause :/ but it can be caused by the pete pellet/rock wool staying too wet in the first fortnight :/

Ive just had the same problem, though mine was a combination of gnats and over watering. :)

Ive still got the infected plants....i ripped off the slimy roots and then blasted off 60% ofthe rock wool under the tape then let em dry out until they wilted and the gnats are gone....though i wouldn`t recommend doing that B) ......and now that they`re gone and the cube has dried out there`s new fresh roots forming :)

Hope ya get it sorted :)

Chron :/

Let em dry out and water with a mild milton solution to kill of any resident nasties.

flush

big time

do you know how to do a flush?????

details should be included in you plan

then dowit now

imho

your plants are suffering form too much love bro

cut back the supz

stick to your plan

each bottle of hydro nutrienta has a detailed plan printed on it somewhere

follow the directions to the letter

that plan is designed to deliver high yields for most plants

stick to it

they will take a while to recover

i would trash em and start with fresh clones

but if thats not an option for you

then

prepair for the long hall

the room temp is cool at 20C

let it go to 24c

but that is not the cause

ph is between 5.6 and 6.3

5.9 to 6.8 is better

as soon as you notice a drop below 6ph

fix it

thats is not the cause either

your not in a dodgy grow tent are you????????

if it is root rot

which i dout

because the drainage looks fine

Feeding times are 3mins every 3 hrs

is that nuff?????????

what are others doing with a drip system?????

i think thats a bitt low

i could be wrong

but lets see what others are doing here

what does it say on your plan for drip system feeding times?????????

get on to dat flush

irey guidance