How often is best too water seedlings?

I am doing some work on my microATX case that i am doing seedlings and clones in, i was wondering how often they like too be watered, i will be building a small flood and drain system that will just wet about 3/4 of the way up the rockwool cubes for however long is necessary then drains back into the res. the seedlings will be in a seedling try, the tray suspended over a plastic container which will fill too the level i elect too put my overflow pipe. I am just wondering how often i should set they system up too fill the container, and also i have left an area large enough too house probably 4 clones at a time next too seedling tray, how often do they like too be watered as i have an extra pump i want too setup in there too. The medium used will be rockwool cubes soaked overnight in PH neutralized water then as stated above flood and drain type watering with straight PH neutral water

Hi Dark Spark,

IMO you can't successfully water seedlings or new clones with an automated process. They require so little water/nutes that you will most likely drown them within a few days.

Both seedlings and clones only require wetting when they are almost dry - for me that is usually every two days but it varies.

I recommend that you hand water them by just placing the corner of the cube in the water - rockwool holds a lot of water and will need a little practice to get it right. it only needs to be damp - not soaked wet.

Get your hands dirty and do that job manually,

Jimbo :yinyang:

i think that might be the easiier way, the case is easy enough too get ito and water by hand... ill just have the CFLS on a timer incase i want too time them...

I understand that you want too water them very little so that the roots really spread looking for water quickly and this will help growth, i think thats right anyways. Also another quick one, what is a good type of plastic or similar too use for light sealing ?