WHEN TO POLLINATE SELECTED BRANCHES?

i took 2 male cuttings to polllinate a few branches for seed.there in the same room with my clones.im budding now for a week.males have closed sacks on them.im afraid theyll open and seed all my plants.when do i seed branches.should i take them out now DRY PLANTS AND SEED LATER? I HAVE NO CLUE WHAT TO DO. WHAT DO I DO!!?? (NEWBIE)

you need to wait until those pollen sacks have opened... its a very finicky time.. as they will not all open at the same time...

its probably best to remove the males plants.. and if possible place them in a separate chamber so as not to pollenate the whole lot..

if weather is permitting they can be placed out side until the pollen sacks open.. providing the outside light hours are right and they wont try and reveg..

yep...

another thing you can try.. and ive not tried this but may work... is hit up your local garden store.. and see if you can get hols of one of those pollination bags they use.. to put over the male plant until it drops its pollen

or maybe try and knock up some sort of box with clear plastic to put over the plant.. you can place some paper at the base so the pollen drops on that...

its really hard to do what your doing to not ruin the crop with seeds.. when it happens.. you probably wont even know theyve seeded until its way too late...

you options are pretty limited

If I want to pollinate and I often do, I replant the male in a pot outside.

If the initial stress of replanting is not enough to pop out a few bananas then after a few days with good watering you should get some.

If its a couple of weeks into flowering and you put him outside even in the height of summer, reckon you'll still get a few bananas

it might reveg after popping out some? But that should not be a concern as you could potentially make hundreds if not thousands of seeds just from a couple of pollen sacks.

Get a small vile/specimen jar etc and place it right under the bananas(when they pop out of the sack), give them a light tap with a ear swob/pen watch the pollen fall in.

Remove anything that is not pollen i.e empty banana pods as the moisture released in the break down of anything that is not pollen will ruin your pollen....

store in fridge (lid on container, tight)

should be ok for a couple of months, maybe more ???

Your talking about making feminized seeds by stressing the pure fems into producing male flowers (wich is not a hermi this is a rhoderized female) he has a pure male . next time you want seeds try growing one plant for two weeks longer then picking time and stress them out into making that banani he he or read up on cloning . you can clone without mother plants just need small veg cabinet Edited by psychoresin