Swine flu and cannabis treatment

littlbit

Question

Cannabis Science Inc. Offers Marijuana Treatment for Swine Flu

http://sparkreport.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/medical-marijuana-729800.jpgToday in a press release, Cannabis Science Inc., a pharmaceutical cannabis company, announced they have offered to produce up to 1 million doses of its whole-cannabis lozenge, and provide them to the Homeland Security Administration for distribution at cost. The Company’s non-toxic lozenge has properties that could alleviate many of the symptoms and harmful effects of the H5N1 bird flu and H1N1 swine flu viruses, and has offered its assistance in response to Secretary of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano’s declaration of a public health emergency due to the emerging Swine Flu pandemic.

Cannabis Science Inc., President & CEO, Steven W. Kubby said, “We have the science and preliminary anecdotal results confirming the anti-inflammatory properties of our new lozenges and indicating they may present an effective and non-toxic treatment for minimizing the symptoms and harm from influenza infections. Our lozenges appear to down-regulate the body’s excessive inflammatory response to the influenza virus, which could reduce the deadly consequences of an infection into something that is more like a common cold. Because of my cancer and diminished auto-immune functions, even common influenza is a deadly threat, and I’ve had incredible symptomatic relief with the lozenge.”

Dr. Robert J. Melamede, Director and Chief Science Officer, cautioned, “Smoked marijuana will not effectively prevent the excessive inflammatory response, despite delivering the beneficial pharmacological agents, due to the irritating, pro-inflammatory nature of smoke. In fact, I believe it will make things worse and should be avoided by infected individuals.”

Mr. Kubby added, “If a swine or bird flu pandemic emerges — and everyone seems to think that it is just a matter of when, not if –, there is simply no time for the usual bureaucratic process. With emergency government approval, we can legally access the huge supply of medical cannabis available in California to produce millions of life saving doses within a relatively short period of time.”

Dr. Melamede furthermore stated, “Based upon recent discoveries regarding the role that endocannabinoid system plays in maintaining human health, we have a unique solution to the looming threat posed by deadly influenza strains that we believe, if implemented, could save millions of lives. We will strive for an emergency review of our cannabis extract-based lozenge because we believe its availability will prevent many of the deaths associated with the hyper-inflammatory response associated with known lethal strains of the influenza virus. Current anti-influenza medications have a demonstrated decreased effectiveness against some of these lethal variants. Mankind cannot wait for the emergency situation to materialize. We must be proactive in gaining the necessary governmental approvals to test, and pending the outcome of our studies, produce our lozenge.”

Mr. Richard Cowan, Director and CFO, who recently spoke in Mexico City to a conference sponsored by the Mexican Congress, stated, “I believe the Mexican Congress recognizes that doctors should be able to prescribe medical cannabis. We are prepared to work with the government of Mexico to produce similar medical cannabis products to help fight the outbreak there. We look forward to working with Government officials, including Homeland Security, to help advance our treatments for these outbreaks in Mexico, Canada, the USA, and around the world.”

About Cannabis Science, Inc.

Cannabis Science, Inc. is at the forefront of medical marijuana research and development. The Company works with world authorities on phytocannabinoid science targeting critical illnesses, and adheres to scientific methodologies to develop, produce, and commercialize phytocannabinoid-based pharmaceutical products. In sum, we are dedicated to the creation of cannabis-based medicines, both with and without psychoactive properties, to treat disease and the symptoms of disease, as well as for general health maintenance.

Cannabis Science Inc.

Steven W. Kubby, President & CEO, 888-889-0888

info@cannabisscience.com

4 answers to this question

ireyness

gotta love almost every word a dat

Dr. Robert J. Melamede, Director and Chief Science Officer, cautioned, “Smoked marijuana will not effectively prevent the excessive inflammatory response, despite delivering the beneficial pharmacological agents, due to the irritating, pro-inflammatory nature of smoke. In fact, I believe it will make things worse and should be avoided by infected individuals.”

yes and no

for very few

seen

it may make some symtoms at first, seam worse

true

but for most smoking will help

seen

i argree

for some symptons you cant smoke nuff to elleviate the discomfort or cure the symtoms

then you need to take it orrally

or use it topically

as well as smoke it

for me smoking allways helps in some way

irey to see cannabis save the world again

cannabis cures bird flue and swine flue

rejoice rejoice

give thanx and praize to the great spirit

for the gift of the plant of great renown

cannabis

:rolleyes:

i had a vibe bout diss