help please

this is my first grow so im really unsure of what to expect, im growing in a 1.4mx1.4mx2m mylar tent using a 600w hps my grow medium is 60/40 coco/perlite using half nutes at this stage as for ventilation i have 1 in 1 out both are 150mm ezi-fans. I set my tent up sunday and moved 4 seedlings into my tent, after about 3 days my first plant started to yellow and wilt on the under leaves, after searching around the forum ive just come to assume that its normal for them to shrivel. my second plant however is begining to yellow at the top of the plant here are some pics..

post-32726-1243552431_thumb.jpg

post-32726-1243552512_thumb.jpg

im not certain but from what ive read i think i may have over watered it? anyway any help would be appreciated thanks

Definitely a nutrient problem I say! Flush and keep the nutes low for another couple sets of leaves.

I had something similar happen when I stupidly mixed the A+B nutes togeather into measuring cup, instead of ensuring they stay as separate as possible and diluting one at a time into the res. I dumped my res tank and did the same thing a couple of times before I figured out what I was doing wrong. I think when you combine them in concentrated parts, one or more of the elements are destroyed in the solution.

Edited by Gibbo

Mate if you want everyone to help provide some more details, ie how high the light is, how often watering, nutes levels, ventilation, even strain, the more info we know the better we can help you out.....some of the guys here are experts (not me!!) and can definately help you with your problems

Epsom salts are for a magnesium (mg) deficiency. If you are using a hydro a+b nutrient then you really shouldn't need to use anything else. Especially not at this age. Are you sure you are diluting the A and B separately into the res and diluting them first? This will cause the same problem you have if not (from experience)

some tents give off a gass when they get too hot

check with the supplyer for details

best advice is to flush and start again

your nutrient sollution you paid $$$ for is 100% complete

if you use it as directed

there will be no possible chance of any nutrient deficiency

just stick to the plan

follow the directions to the letter

that plan is designed for most plants to deliver high yeilds

it will work fine for you

imho

dont bother doing anyting elce till after the frist harvest

that will be you bench mask

for the next grow you will have a bit more confidence to fine tune you system

and all that will be judged from this crop

wheather the tingz you add do actually justfiy the $$$$ and time

check the tent

you may hafe ditch it

or keep it cool

irey guidance

yeh nutes are too strong for the size was only using 1.2ml per litre, bloke at my local hydroshop said theyre over fertilized and to flush them out.

as for the tent i paid the extra cash for the mylar tent im under the impression the gas is produced by tents made from pvc... but ill keep it in mind see how flushing them pans out

thanks for your help peoples :blink:

Edited by vivaaa