Growing in a small pot?

I am growing in some 1 gallon buckets and am going to be transporting them to a location outside soon.

I was just wondering if the plants would be alright though. My plan was to bury the pots a little bit into the ground and then that way they won't get too big. Basically, my spot isn't that top-secret so I don't want to be growing trees.

My concern is the plants getting root-bound or something. Anyone try growing in 1 gallons before?

Edited by ehkay47

A 4lt pot maybe a tad small, better give the girl some room to move eh?

If you need to keep the height to a minimum then you can employ LST (low stress training) by tying the stems down during its vegetative stage. If you do a search on LST you will get a better idea of what I mean

Post a pic of your plant too - maybe do a grow diary?

Jimbo :rolleyes:

A 4lt pot maybe a tad small, better give the girl some room to move eh?

If you need to keep the height to a minimum then you can employ LST (low stress training) by tying the stems down during its vegetative stage. If you do a search on LST you will get a better idea of what I mean

Post a pic of your plant too - maybe do a grow diary?

Jimbo :wub:

Good advice.

I'll look into LST and more than likely try something with that, then perhaps cut the bottom out of the pot or maybe just plant it in the ground, although I'm not sure about the soil quality around here.

And yeah, a grow diary is a good idea. I'll take some pics soon and then when I get them in the ground as well.

Stay tuned. :blink:

Edit: Btw, anybody know anything about red stems? My two biggest plants are starting to have most of their stems turn red on the sides facing upwards for some reason. I'll try and get a good pic of what I'm talking about, but any speculation wouldn't hurt.

lol until next time.

Edited by ehkay47

Edit: My two biggest plants are starting to have most of their stems turn red on the sides facing upwards for some reason. I'll try and get a good pic of what I'm talking about, but any speculation wouldn't hurt.

sure, i love to speculate ..

cold weather = red/purple stems

strictly speculation of course

:blink: