Cultivation Newbie - My Proposed Grow-drobe

Hi Guys,

I've put together a fairly rudimentary diagram of a wardrobe conversion I am thinking about putting together. I was thinking about a 250W bulb with reflector (that can be adjusted vertically depending on the stage of the plants), as I believe a 400W globe would be too much?

Given I would only be growing 1-2 plants at a time, would it be worth inserting a fan into the top for circulation?

At this stage I am thinking of a soil grow, simply putting the pots in the bottom with a light overhead. Does this seem a little strange? I'm guessing so, all of the wardrobe conversions I have seen on the forums have all been hydro set ups.

Thanks for your help!!

stoney

post-33964-1243327203_thumb.jpg

Edited by stoney123

air exchange is vital to healthy cannabis

u will need a fan to exhaust the air

a centrifugal id recomend

then u will have the issue of odor

a carbon filter or odorsok will get u out of trouble there

u will also require the area to be light tight

meaning no light can penetrate the cab

this means even minuet cracks and leaks

have a look around a few grows and u will get the picture

all the ebst

bil

I'm thinking along similar lines and have asked a question about T5 fluoros as an alternative for such a space. (in the indoor lighting forum)

It is my belief, to be tested soon, that the T5 fluoros will work sufficiently well at a much reduced power drain than either your 250 or 400 options, less heat as well. http://www.littlegreenhouse.com/accessory/lights2.shtml

I'm looking at 4*2' but think 2*2' may be sufficient for a space of that size.

Consider that a single T5 2' is ~25W, that's about 10% of a 250. I do NOT claim these having equivalent potential.

I am also thinking that maybe a 2*2' from top and a single 2' on each side may reduce internodal stretch.

I'm also interested in the T5's due to the difference in tubes, 6500K for veg (18/6), and 3000K for bud (12/12).

Concerning media: 'dirt in a pot' ain't ideal but I'll probably go with some decent potting mix with maybe some perlite/vermiculite mix.

All theoretical at the moment :-)

I've got a grow area almost exactly the same size as yours. Using hydro right now and can't complain. Low effort - good results :applause:. I leave the cupboard door open while the light is on for ventilation as installing an exhaust system isn't practical and i don't believe it's absolutely necessary. 400w is perfect size imo but i wouldn't feel comfortable running it during summer as it would create too much heat.