2009 Completed Research

littlbit

Question

http://www.pnas.org/search?fulltext=cannab...&submit=yes

Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America

PNAS is one of the world's most-cited multidisciplinary scientific serials. Since its establishment in 1914, it continues to publish cutting-edge research reports, commentaries, reviews, perspectives, colloquium papers, and actions of the Academy. Coverage in PNAS spans the biological, physical, and social sciences.

This link will take you to many of the latest reseach information, and they update at least once a week. It interesting to see what they are finding, and how cannabis will further assist the medical profession, to achieve much more than ever before.

:peace:

7 answers to this question

The first study there says it has a potent immuno-suppressive effect. This is good and bad. It could heighten your chances of getting sick, (this is just THC and CBD though, not the whole bud) but it could also be very useful for Lupus patients and other Auto-immune disease patients. Also I believe Penicillin even screws up your immune system, so maybe this means that THC & CBD are actually boosting the immune system? But the coz your own body doesn't have to try as hard to fight off diseases coz you got the THC & CBD, it wakens a bit. Not sure though, not a scientist. :rolleyes:

Guest niall
This is a fantastic service, getting daily summaries of research. Highly recommend this guys, this is one of the few posts I've ever thought deserves a sticky at the top of this forum.

luciddreaming yes some are not on our side, however if we look at the whole of the studies and how they were preformed, you will see why some failed and why others were successful. Scientists have no problem sorting out the good from bad research.

This site should never be about just the good results, we all need to see the other side and challenge what we can.

We all also know that for some people cannabis is not an option, although I am still to meet one who cannot use some form of or variety of the plants.

I will try to keep posting anything I find, but as you all well know we are now in a desperate situation and we will need to concentrate on trying to find somewhere to store our stuff and a place to stay until this mess is over in a few weeks.

Yeah that is true. We need to acknowledge both sides. I just thought this was sposed to be all good things about Cannabis or something. So yeh I was pointing out that it wasn't. My bad :blink: Also I was actually just coming on here to actually read some of these. Only had time to scroll down and read the headings quickly the other day. Oh and I agree, sticky this.

I found this particularly interesting. http://www.pnas.org/content/104/23/9800.fu...28-aebddbb2db87

It says "In conclusion, this study presents the successful in vivo characterization of CB1R distribution in healthy human brain by using PET imaging. In vivo PET imaging of CB1R provides a method for quantitative study of CB1R-related CNS pathophysiology and possible related therapeutic pathways involving the endocannabinoid system, which may play an important role in major neurological and psychiatric diseases such as neurodegeneration, eating disorders, substance abuse, schizophrenia, and depression. In vivo occupancy determination allows for demonstration of target engagement and assessment of titration for potential dose regimens."

Also in one of the studies it cites (23) the scientists apparently showed that there is poor CB1 receptor binding in schizophrenic patients. I'm thinking maybe the problem isn't that Schizophrenics are smoking too much, it's that they're smoking too little amounts! Don't quote me on that though, that's just what I think might be true, and I can't say I understand much of that science, and it was only observes in one patient. But still, it's possible if Schizophrenia is caused by lack of Anandamide in CB1 receptors. On the other hand, it could be that there's way too much Anandamide and therefore the THC can't bind. But not sure if that's how it works either, just some thoughts....

Edited by luciddreaming