Stem mold or rot ?

Aloha guys, i could really use some help. So i got an indoor op. going, they were in the dirt 7 days ago. a small bed with a primarily organic soil mix under a 1k hps, 4 strains: blue-widow, puna-tang, durban, and candyman each in a different section,,,puna and candyman are locals i think, anyway 35 plants were pinned LST and everything looked great and was jumping. I now have had 3 plants die and am worried bad. Im not sure what it is or was really, as the others look great and i dont know if these clones were just sick or weak. they got stem mold or something in which the very bottom part of the stem, right above and below the dirt, turns brown and easily falls apart, or peels like layers. and after i pulled the plants and checked it out the stem was super wood like and splitty,,almost like balsa wood, real dry, but the surface was moist and slimy, and it just came out of the dirt. I have been fighting white fly and thought the clones were just weak, because all others are looking real strong, 2 punas and 1 durban have died, so is it possible that some clones just didnt take to the transplant and developed this hotspot or weakspot or something. overwatering, over-fert, mold, whitefly, any ideas? is it normal for a few plants to die out of 35? i am new to indoor, i never have had this problem outside. please help if can guys? aloha and mahalo

post-32343-1242902485_thumb.jpg

post-32343-1242902502_thumb.jpg

Hi hawaiiankorn.

To me it looks like a 'rot' of the region which looks to have been keeping moisture.

How were your watering practices ?

By that I mean if your hand watering you should use a "watering rose".

I'll be honest ............."It's a stab and just don't know or be bothered to find out how your watering except throw that at you.

B)

Nitty.

mahalo for the reply nitram, i guess no one else cares to offer any advice, not enough pics i know, cuz i am not the 1 care giver as i have a partner taking care of them in a coffee shack...he waters by hand with a nozzle wand i think, ill ask, so i guess it is not normal for a few plants to die in a bed??? i just want to try my best not to lose any more. MAHALO

aloha