most popular/best grow technique?

this is a question that's probably been asked before, i did a search but came up with nothing..

so, i want to see an opinion here of what the best growing technique is in terms of speed and yield?

thinking logically it would go in order of slowest (soil) to hydro to fastest (aero). would i be accurate in saying this?

i want to know, if people could set up any system they wanted within a 2 square metre grow room - what would it be?

Deep water looks so far, the best way to grow in terms of speed. A res full of highly oxygenated bubbling water with beautiful white roots is a wicked sight. It actually seems to change the structure of the plant, they branch more it seems?

I'd have a big dollar noieless air compressor, an aquarium water temperature controller set on 22'C, some F1 Blueberry x Skunk clones for hybrid vigour, digi ballasts to get the most grunt as possible out of the twin 600 lamps.