Yellow and Droopy Leaves

Hey guys,

I've just started growing, and have run into a bit of trouble!

I had these plants sitting in a pot outside since about December, they were fine. Last week I knocked up a grow box in an old freezer, and stuck the plants under a 250W HPS inside.

See here for what I have built.. maybe you can see some problems with my box?

The plants were already flowering while outside, although they hadn't grown or changed much for a few weeks. I have since put them under 24 hours of light, could this be the issue?

Temps have been between 25-30 degrees inside, i think this is okay?

I am watering the plants whenever they look a bit dry, usually twice a day, until i see a bit of water trickle out the bottom. I am not sure if this is too much.

I have added some Dutch Master Vege nutrients to my watering can, 40mL to 8L water. I believe this is the correct ratio (from the packaging - 50mL to 10L). PH of the water is somewhere between 6 and 7 (i got a test kit at the hydro shop).

There is also a bit of blood and bone in the soil too.

I did repot the plants just before after I put them in the grow box, this was on Friday I think..

They are all starting to look a little sick though, I am not sure what I am doing wrong.

Please help, I don't want my first plants to die!

post-14091-1242733243_thumb.jpg

post-14091-1242733259_thumb.jpg

post-14091-1242733279_thumb.jpg

post-14091-1242733290_thumb.jpg

post-14091-1242733353_thumb.jpg

post-14091-1242733366_thumb.jpg

Following some advice in the chat, I have switched the lamp to 12-12 and given the soil a good flush, will just let them finish flowering instead of trying to re-veg them.

will also start them on some potash pk 13-14 half strength and some dutch master flower half strength and see what happens from there.

let the sun shine exan

chuck em back out side to finish

they may take a couple of weeks to recover and start to grow bud again

they will be stunted

dont expect much from them

they are planted too close to eachother to do much better

blood and bone in the soil

get some Guano and follow the directions

its better to stay organic in soil grows

save the Dutch Master Vege for future grows

and use the recomended grow medium for your pots

Temps have been between 25-30 degrees inside, i think this is okay?

no

your indoor system is too hot

30c sux

and will burn yah plants leaf tips

everytime

well

sometimes you can get awaywith it if you add co2

but generally

keep the temps below 26c

rig for cool rumnningz

AC rulez

do you have a hydroponic book??????

if not

please take my advise

go there

get 1

buy it from the local hydro shop

or

free ebookz downloadz are available

do a scearch

most are very helpfull

irey guidance

Hi exan,

I have followed your last three posts along with others like Radic and I tend to think it wise folow his "irey guidance" & to get the back outdoors.

seen

'freezer box' (Grow space) B) .

Not time wasted

Box doable dude !

grow SCROG

air & heat

Your freezer box looks ok and may need some jigging & fumbling about but your on the right track. I know your late and this is the only problem your having really, however, the problem is not 'un-doable' with ease. Reveg would require a "lota light" power, time and some effort by you atm.

exan.....Following some advice in the chat, I have switched the lamp to 12-12 and given the soil a good flush, will just let them finish flowering instead of trying to re-veg them.

will also start them on some potash pk 13-14 half strength and some dutch master flower half strength and see what happens from ther

Your plants were just re-potted (Friday last) and will take 7-10 days to recover from the 'shock'.

You have added the potash B)

DO NOT ADD ANY FUTHER NUTES

The flush you did would not have hurt but was unnecessary.

"Again it will take another 7 -10 days to recover" - continue flowering.

You will get small reward but extremely satisfying.

:yinyang:

Nitty.

Thanks guys, unfortunately putting them back outside isn't an option, the freezer grow box was constructed as i just moved house to somewhere without an outside.

I've added some pk 13-14 at about half strength but nothing else, and only a sprinkle of water. I think I might have been over watering and therefore, probably over fertilizing too.

The lamp is back at 12/12 so I hope they will survive to harvest.

Once I am finished with these ones, and if they survive, I will plant my clones of AK. I am also considering switching the light cycle to night, like 7pm to 7am, that would probably result in lower overall temperature as room temperature is lower at night, and i only need to drop it by a few degrees.

I'll also try and make a bigger intake.

Cheers Guys

Edited by exan

Well its been a few days, they are returning to their green colour, however I fear that one of them might not make it, its still pretty worse for wear. But I don't pull it out, its not doing any harm. I also recieved some clones of ak47 yesterday, so i have switched my (only) light back to 24 hours, and i will take a chance with existing plants to re veg, and finish with the new plants.

So hopefully within the week I will have roots on my clones and into a pot, and the others looking happy and veging along with the clones. This would be ideal to create clones of each of these strains, the original strain is unknown but has proved extremely resiliant to my rough treatment over the months and I would love a chance to grow it again and treat it right.

Depending on the success of this box, I am strongly considering turning an equal size fridge next to it into a grow box for veg.

Will keep you all updated, here are some new pics for now.

post-14091-1243013867_thumb.jpg

post-14091-1243013884_thumb.jpg

post-14091-1243013912_thumb.jpg