Odd Growth ((help))

Hi, i was wondering if anyone could help me out. I started growing a plant a several months ago and it was my first time, i learned a lot of beginner lessons. I am now growing a second plant, this second plant looked interesting from the day it peaked out of the soil, the stem was purple and even now some over the leaves have a purplish color on the bottom. The plant has been growing incredibly quick, compared to it's sister. Now the problem is, it is a month old and contains 40 leaves, all of which are singles... not a single one has 3,5,7 or even 9.... people have been telling me it is because i am not giving it enough light but the leaves are a healthy green and seem to secrete a white shiny liquid that looks like some one put sugar all over it. I don't know if i am doing something wrong and caused the plant to be retarded or what? Please give me some feed back.

I live in Ontario (Canada), the Plant is indoor. I don't think it is flowering yet, it is only 6 inches tall but has 40 leaves. I will add a picture soon, hopefully someone will be able to help me out, it is frustrating and i hope there is nothing wrong with it. The is growing bushy as opposed to stalky. My first plant just started to grow leaves in the creases of the stalk and the branches a week ago but the new plant has already started growing several leaves all up the branches.

G`day Raleku.I`m livin in the next province over to the left of ya.I have a few of those one leafers goin` now too.As Billopuffalot above said they are due to stress and or cuttings from flowering cycle plants,fucked up light schedules etc etc..I tend to throw them out as it may take months for it to come back,if at all.I have a Early Biddy that took almost 7 months to stop with the single leaves and start normal growth again.Normally I would have kicked her out,but it`s such good smoke.If your gonna chuck her,I suggest takin it downtown and throwing it in the city hall planters/garden. :rolleyes:

Peace