Havn't got the $$$ for a double heat mat, but have waaay too many clones for the old single to deal with ;) , so...

came up with this idea...

post-15537-1242010329_thumb.jpg

Whats do ya's think? will it work? anyone tried it? major oversights? :toke: ???? :D

I have everything to make it except the slotted tray (should have got one with the dome :peace: )

:peace:

THC

PS. oh and lighting will be from 2x 18w fluro's

Edited by TheHeadCing

they work well i had my standard clone dome with try sitting on a large tub with lid with a water heater inside of the tub i had filled the tub most of the way the only problem is the air in the tub of the tub seems to be alot hotter than the water so u have to set the water heater to like 18c at this temp i think my clone dome was reading like 29c but i was only using a stick on thermometer used for fish tanks i had stuck it ontop of the clone dome my clones rooted in 6 days

Couldnt wait for the chance to get a slotted tray, so the old ingenuity came out...

I pulled all the clones out of the resi tub, put about 10 litres of water in (enough to cover the heater), put the heater in set to 26*C and then sat 4 small pots upside down with a piece of coro-flute cut to fit sat on them so it is an inch above the water.

The coro has about 5mm gap all round to allow air to circulate. The clones are then sat on the coro, I lose 4" of height in the tub, but thats less than I'd lose with a tray.

Let ya's know how she goes...

;)

should work altho u will lose alot of heat in the coro is its coroplast/fluted plastic the shit for sale signs are made from? as its fluted maybe use some hot glue and seal the ends up and watch your water level if your running it low where as mine i had a propper lid to fit so all the warmth was kept in good luck and post up some pics when u can

Havn't got the $$$ for a double heat mat, but have waaay too many clones for the old single to deal with ;) , so...

came up with this idea...

post-15537-1242010329_thumb.jpg

Whats do ya's think? will it work? anyone tried it? major oversights? :peace: ???? :peace:

I have everything to make it except the slotted tray (should have got one with the dome :D )

:toke:

THC

PS. oh and lighting will be from 2x 18w fluro's

it a very simular setup that mushroom growers use... i think it would work very well