Marijuana for post-chemo anxiety

Monmon

Question

Hey everyone,

I'm new to this site but i thought id post some experience with my recreational/medicinal use of marijuana. I'm 23 and had a lymphoma about 3 years ago which involved intensive chemotherapy for a year. I came out of it at the end of that year so mentally f--ked up that i was having panic attacks every second day and ending up right back at emergency. One of my mates gave me a bag of weed to smoke and from then on it has relieved the anxiety so much that an attack for me is very rare.

I'm now working with disabled people which has introduced another large amount of stress into my life, and weed has provided the escape that is so needed after a week of work. At the moment i'm investigating purchasing some seeds though ive found no one inside of OZ so im not sure of the chances of getting it through customs. Im just sick of the sometimes crappy quality of Sydney's products and would prefer my own stash. But such is life ay.. haha anyway howdy to everyone, look forward to reading all these posts

Peace

Simon

3 answers to this question

hello Monmon welcome to OzStoners :peace: .. Cannabis has certainly helped countless ppl and iam glad to hear it serves you well too ..

growing your own is really the only safe way to go as well as being a great relaxing hobby .. with any luck you will get your seeds and then there will be no stopping ya ..

;)

Hey everyone,

I'm new to this site but i thought id post some experience with my recreational/medicinal use of marijuana. I'm 23 and had a lymphoma about 3 years ago which involved intensive chemotherapy for a year. I came out of it at the end of that year so mentally f--ked up that i was having panic attacks every second day and ending up right back at emergency. One of my mates gave me a bag of weed to smoke and from then on it has relieved the anxiety so much that an attack for me is very rare.

I'm now working with disabled people which has introduced another large amount of stress into my life, and weed has provided the escape that is so needed after a week of work. At the moment i'm investigating purchasing some seeds though ive found no one inside of OZ so im not sure of the chances of getting it through customs. Im just sick of the sometimes crappy quality of Sydney's products and would prefer my own stash. But such is life ay.. haha anyway howdy to everyone, look forward to reading all these posts

Peace

Simon

Hey man, welcome. Chemo therapy for a year! wow....

So you're telling me the doctors didn't even tell you where to get some good weed?

Apparently, my mum was just telling me this yesterday, that one of her friends got chemo a couple of months/weeks back and the doctor told her where to go.

I have a feeling there are some compassion clubs in Aus. Just very, VERY underground.