Why did you start smoking?

Why did you first try?  

59 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Was having a drink with a work mate. Got absolutely shit faced on Johnnie Walker. He was driving back to his place and opened up the glove box and pulled out this bag of green substance. I stuck my beak in the bag and it smelt soooo good. I asked him what it was (I really didn't have a clue) he told me pot.

I thought " I gotta try this". The road to damnation had begun. :peace:

We get back to his place (three other people living in the house) we all sat down on the floor and they started passing around a couple of scoobs. I lasted two passes then ran out the front door and threw up like I have never thrown up before. Go back in side have another toke then crawl into some body's bed, put me head down then got the room spinning real bad. Didn't get a chance to get out of the bed, the spew volcano erupted again, all over the bed. :shy:

I bought an ounce off him a week later, and had a try without the grog. It is like the first time you have sex, you never forget it, that's what it's like for me. That's one of the reason's I keep smoking still trying to get that first buzz again. I can even remember the music. Santana "Black Magic Woman" Now I have found it can help one get over a tragedy in one's life.

Never did find out who cleaned up after my visit, they were really good people who just laughed about it or at me whenever I saw them. :shy:

I think I am in the 'born to expand my mind' group :peace: but did wait until I had finished last year 12 exam ... made up for it though; now, well I reckon I 'need' it to deal with pain and PTSD ... what a wonderful medicine :shy:

maybe it was peer pressure too long ago to know what I was thinking then ... lalala

I started using at 42 for medical, never looked at it before then. I don't however get what everyone describes as a buzz or high, it simply stops the pain and calms me down.

I have often wondered what it is like to feel anything other than the medical benefits, however I will settle for the sheer relief and calm it brings. :shy: :peace:

I started choofing regularly at about 18-20 years old. When I think about it, it seems to coincide with a pretty bad break up I had at the time with my misses and the death of my father, but I think boredom had alot to do with it ; aswell as not at all liking the effect alcohol has on me, weed mellows me out ... alcohol the opposite :-I

I don't however get what everyone describes as a buzz or high, it simply stops the pain and calms me down.

I have often wondered what it is like to feel anything other than the medical benefits, however I will settle for the sheer relief and calm it brings. :peace: ;)

Damn littlbit, do you smoke premium quality hydroponic buds?

had a bit of a think about this subject........maybe i should have voted curiosity :peace:

story go`s -

One day B4 school i was rifling through mi sox n jox draw and stumbled across a pair of sox that russled when i shoved em.........'what could that be' i asked myself ;) so i opened em up to find about 1/2 an ounce of powdery leaf :D .....it was obviously the old girls and i was far too young to be muckn around with it :) ....never the less i took it to school that day and asked one of the older fellas if they knew what it was...the older blokes eyes lit up, "yeah i know what it is" he said....followed by "bring it to the foreshore after school and i`ll show ya what ta do" ;) .......so i trundled down there to find the older fella and about 5 of his mates :peace: ....as you can imagine, me being the pipsqueak, i copped the lot :) .....rompn hay stacks n bongwater beverages :sick

So yeah....dunno if i can blame it on the surroundings or curiosity :D

Good topic this one ;)

Me :toke:

I started at the age of 32 for medicinal reasons. I was in an MVA (not my fault) and sustained multiple injuries. I now suffer from chronic pain and depression plus all the crap that comes with it. After several operations, pile of x-rays and being on pharma meds - my body started to really go down hill because of the side effects (mentally and physically). I did some research and found out that some people use cannabis medicinally. I was gifted some hash to try and have never looked back. My wife and I both use cannabis as medicine and this will definitely be a life long relationship. That is my story.

;)