medium/soil temp for cloning

hey guys the title preety much says everything i just started my first batch of clones and was wondering is a heat pad really necessary i got one started the clones under them but thought it was a little to warm in there so i turned it off for a couple of days not noing weather it was the rong thing to do so i turned it back on today the clones are still fine they were not effected at all they are 9 days old and my clones are in rockwool on a bed of perlite in a propagation dome and it was the cubes that felt a little to warm to me not the air temp so if anyone nos what a good medium temp is it wood be great if they shared it with me coz iv looked on countless clone guides and cant find a thing other than the perfect air temp so know im just curious ???????????????????????????????????

thanx guys

lol dirtyman B)