Bongs from overseas

Couldn't find what i was looking for with Search feature so thought I'd ask around.

Just give me a heads up if this isn't accepted on the forum.

Was curious if it's practical to order a bong from overseas without any problems (from Everyonedoesit). I think I've read that customs is federal and isn't affected by state, but just in case, I'm in Queensland.

Thanks in advance lol

Plunger

edit.

I'll add that it comes labeled as a vase I believe.

To clarify, I'm asking if being in Queensland will affect the process due to the current laws.

Edited by Oz

Well, I've ordered stuff from overseas and from Aus and had my bongs shipped to me in South Australia problem free.

Have you tried Offyatree, BongsnThings or OnlineSmoke? They're all Australian based, making it much easier to ship.

I highly doubt you'd have any trouble getting a bong into Australia. I never have. As long as it's brand new and hasn't been smoked through, I don't think they're allowed to confiscate them.

Well, I've ordered stuff from overseas and from Aus and had my bongs shipped to me in South Australia problem free.

Have you tried Offyatree, BongsnThings or OnlineSmoke? They're all Australian based, making it much easier to ship.

I highly doubt you'd have any trouble getting a bong into Australia. I never have. As long as it's brand new and hasn't been smoked through, I don't think they're allowed to confiscate them.

okay thanks for that.

I gathered that from other threads seeing how there are quite a few pieces on display that appear to be from overseas.

Just hoping QLD laws won't give me trouble.

I have browsed the Australian stores and I'm still deciding. This'll be my first bong lol so I'm at the moment just finding out what's available at what price etc.

Take it easy

Plunger

Ahh the first proper bong. I remember when I bought mine.

http://www.bongsnthings.com/shop/product_i...;products_id=28

That's mine there, except I got it from the Adelaide Central Markets. She's now sporting a glass stem and cone which I got off of Bongs N Things. Great investment.

Those bongs are amazing for the price. With a glass stem and cone, they are great to hit, and are a huge step up from home made billys.

I recommend getting yourself one of them, to be honest. They're brilliant bongs.

If you're still living with your parents, you might wanna get something a bit smaller than that one, though...when I bought it I had a helluva time trying to hide it...

Yeah, from what I've read, GonG is the way to go. Yeah, I'm a uni student still living with the parents. Will have to figure out some way of concealing the bong but curious what the reaction would be if they knew i smoked :)

From what I gather, my dad used to smoke pot while I was growing up but unsure if they'd have a spaz at me.

Was considering a GonG from Bongs n Things with an ash catcher, and the prices are reasonable. Also came across the Bushmaster cyclone (Hurricane rip-off) on EDIT, and I hear great things about them. The mini might be small enough to keep hidden.

Well, I'm sure any bong would be a huge upgrade from 'cancer-bongs' but it's very fun and exciting deciding lol

Help much appreciated mate!

Plunger

Yeah, from what I've read, GonG is the way to go. Yeah, I'm a uni student still living with the parents. Will have to figure out some way of concealing the bong but curious what the reaction would be if they knew i smoked :)

From what I gather, my dad used to smoke pot while I was growing up but unsure if they'd have a spaz at me.

Was considering a GonG from Bongs n Things with an ash catcher, and the prices are reasonable. Also came across the Bushmaster cyclone (Hurricane rip-off) on EDIT, and I hear great things about them. The mini might be small enough to keep hidden.

Well, I'm sure any bong would be a huge upgrade from 'cancer-bongs' but it's very fun and exciting deciding lol

Help much appreciated mate!

Plunger

Don't get the cyclone, I wish I never had... flimsy crap. Depending on how your money situation is it's much better to buy a decent tube and try to go for 5mm thick. Also EDIT has somewhat cheap shipping but you end up paying the same as other sites as their bongs have a bit of a mark up to compensate for it.

Don't get the cyclone, I wish I never had... flimsy crap. Depending on how your money situation is it's much better to buy a decent tube and try to go for 5mm thick. Also EDIT has somewhat cheap shipping but you end up paying the same as other sites as their bongs have a bit of a mark up to compensate for it.

Thanks for the input. Read your thread when it came up and it's a real pity it broke after 2weeks. But, apart from your incident, I've only heard great things about it.

What kind of setup would you recommend for up to $200?

I assume an Agung with a glass cone/stem or a ROOR? Seem like the only options.

Edited by Plunger

for < $200 i wouldnt go for roor, theyre not exactly great value for money, esp as your 1st one. id definitely recommend GonG over an agung at any price.

as for bushmasters, they can be a bit hit and miss. honestly, if i were in your situation id get a mini cyclone. ive got a normal sized cyclone (well technically a MWP cyclone ripoff) but ive had no problems with it, hits _really_ smooth (only one ive had better was a 9mm thick, 60mm long tube filled with snow) and hasnt shown dangers of breaking or anything, but having said that i have been careful with it

it did manage to survive the flight from melbourne to adel in my bag in the luggage compartment on virgin though

Yeah, by Cyclone i meant Mini since i need to conceal it from parents :S

Doesn't GonG just mean Glass on Glass? I've seen agungs with glass stems i think..?

From EDIT its AU$48, but no idea about shipping... Doesn't seem too pricey for me, even if it does end up breaking. I wouldn't consider myself a careless guy, especially with something I value, so if it's not falling apart on it's own, i might be able to look after it :yinyang:

Yeah, by Cyclone i meant Mini since i need to conceal it from parents :S

Doesn't GonG just mean Glass on Glass? I've seen agungs with glass stems i think..?

From EDIT its AU$48, but no idea about shipping... Doesn't seem too pricey for me, even if it does end up breaking. I wouldn't consider myself a careless guy, especially with something I value, so if it's not falling apart on it's own, i might be able to look after it :yinyang:

GonG = Glass on Glass, but some people use it to mean "glass with no rubber/metal components full stop".

I honestly don't think a bong with a glass stem and a rubber grommet hits any different from a bong that has the stem fused into the main chamber.

But that's just me.

And I've heard stories of the Cyclone Mini's stems just breaking by themselves...so if you do get it, I'd recommend getting a few spare stems (you can buy them on EDIT too).

If you buy a few things from there, they usually throw in a free gift anyway, so it's worth it :wub:

I got this kickass mini pipe thing.