Next Adventure

OK I am using a (W)3.2 x (L)3 x (H)2.4 room and plan to have a 2 x 600w, air cooled lights with a carbon filter setup in a flat I live in on the second floor.

I was going to have 4 plants growing horizontal and grow them big. Setting the net about 12inches high off the top of the pot plant. Do you think this is a waste of 2 lights?

Last yield from 3 plants (1.5 x 1.5 room) and 1 light (600) was 66, 87, 126. Don't know why 1 did 66 and the other did 126 when they all were right next to each other?

Should I forget the horizontal and vertical?

Its not a waste of light but I would forget the horizontal method. I would FIM the plants and use some LST and you should be able to get a much better yield than the last attempt. 2lbs can be easily achieved from 3 plants with that lighting.

Thanks for your help but whats FIM and LST? I know I can use Superbud but been told you get big buds but you lose the kick?

Thanks for your help but whats FIM and LST? I know I can use Superbud but been told you get big buds but you lose the kick?

FIMing is a method used to creat a bigger, wider canopy with many colas. It is done by pinching/cutting about 80% off the top of the new growth. It is usually done when a plants are anywhere from 12-24 inches tall and should be done at least 2 weeks before turning them to flower. Heres a diagrams to show you what I mean:

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm52/i_thump/morepics/fim.jpg

LST is low stress training/tieing and it involves training your plants to grow the way you want by tieing them down and increasing the pressure every few days. There is a few different methods of this and some start from a very young age.

Edited by M_Blaze

OK thanks, I call em tipping and tying back but we on the same page. All my growing I have done Horizontal but will try these ones vertical.

For what I have seen of your plants, the lower half have been trimmed about 2-3 feet high before foilage starts, would I not get the same effect but lower height if I grow horizontal? And wouldn't the plants get more Lumens as the light would be able to sit closer to the plants and cover a whole side than just the hieghts branches?

Sorry not being a smart ass just trying to understand with my lack of knowledge and growing experience. I guess I have been taught one way but wanting to grow vertical but logic tells me something else? I know my last yield was bad and put down to too much air movement and stretching happened, as well space but now the room is bigger and have the room?

Thanks

My plants get trimmed that way coz I grow them very big so basically the lower branches dont get enough light to produce nice enough buds so they are just suckers. I prefer to let the plants focus all of their energy into the main colas.

By horizontal growing are you meaning something like this:

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm52/i_thump/morepics/Step5.jpg