A few questions - Heat or Nutrients? Size? Time to show change?

Hi,

I have grown plants outdoors in the past where i have done quite well - 6 pound from 2 plants - (NOT bullshit these were by far the biggest plants i have ever seen and was stunned by them myself) but this is my first time growing indoors and i have a few questions.

Details of current growing

I am growing in a cupboard - coz i dont have a room available and im not a stupid grower (making rooms in my house disappear). I have bought a cupboard to grow them in which is 2m tall, 1.5 across, 750mm wide (wardrobe).

I have 2x 400w sodium vapour lights in the cupboard (i know these are for flowering not for growing but its what ive got)

I have installed fans for in take and out take of air to provide ventilation.

At first my ventilation was not great as i did not have the in take ventilation done properly, but this has now been done properly.

I do not have them running on an irigation watering cycle.

They are planted in potting soil and i water them by hand with them draining into pots underneath.

They are in 33 litre pots.

I have grown these plants from seeds.

I have slow release nutrients in the soil (very small amount).

At first i was watering them with miracle grow.

For the first 4 weeks i was having very good growth from the plants but during the 4th week i started to get new growth with yellow leaves and burnt brown edges.

I thought that this was the nutrients so started to flush them - watering only with water.

I also thought that this may have been due to heat as the cupboard was getting a bit hot, so i fixed the problem with the in take ventilation.

The new growth is now fine so i am not sure if this was a problem with the nutrients or the heat as i fixed both at the same time.

I am now at 5 weeks and i have just turned them to flower 3 days ago (i dont think they could handle getting too big especially in a cupboard)

I have very healthy shade leaves and the plants in general are looking fine now.

These plants have been tipped several times and are also now tied down.

My Questions

I have attached a photo

1. How big can i get in a cupboard this size?

2. Was it the heat or the nutrients causing the leaves to turn yellow and burn on the edges?

3. How much can i expect to get from these plants?

4. How long will it take for them to show signs of flowering?

I know the answers to these questions on outdoor standards but not sure what the answers are when it comes to indoor plants.

Anyone that is able to help with this your knowledge/opinion will be appreciated.

Thankyou in advance :thumbsup:

post-33102-1240499006_thumb.jpg

Edited by mypotplants

looking at the pic it could still be a heat issue

see how there edges are slightly curled up is a sign of heat abuse

what sort of temps/humidity are you getting in there, do you have a temp/hum gauge?

if your temps are above 32 degrees Celsius/89.6 degrees Fahrenheit growth will slow down and almost stop

also what sort of inlet/exhaust fans do you have?

Marching Band

I dont have room in the cupboard to set up recirculating irrigation so i water by hand.

Weedrocket

No i dont have a guage but the temp is now good.

Was getting real hot before - as in the whole room that the cupboard is in was heating up.

I have two 40cm fans through the top of the cupboard - one in and one out.

Temp is now fine.

New growth is now happy.

Just wasnt sure if it was the heat or the nurtients that caused it in the first place.

Have used miracle grow putdoors before and have never had a problem with it but i have read quite a bit about people having these sorts of problems when using miracle grow indoors so am thinking that was the problem but not sure, and the fact that it was getting so hot.

Do you know how long it will take for them to show signs of flowering now that i have turned them?

I am thinking about 2 weeks but not sure.

how often were you giving them miricl grow?as its a 7-14 between re feeding with it and looking at it i to will say you had mojor heat issues and even hand watering go get dutch master flower start every feed for 3 days @1.5ml a ltr day four straight water then day 5-9 go to 3ml a ltr then flush straight water then bump it to 5mls a ltr with 1ml a ltr off dm pot ash and every 5 day straight water this way you will b feeding your plants everything they need to produce some nice fat dank buds

as far as how much will they yeild thats very hard to answer without noing the strain of your seeds ect

but a guess looking at the photos(not noing the strain)6-8 oz

good luck and remeber to get those temps down and fresh air fresh air fresh air

keep us posted and well done

The problem with the nutirents and heat is now fixed.

The plants are happy and the growth has been good.

I turned them to flower 4 days ago and am now wanting to know ...

How long will it take before they show signs of flowering??

they have not turned yet they are still growing.

The strain i am growing is - K5.

for those that dont know K5 is a sativa indica hybrid

This is the same strain i grew outdoors when i got 6 pound from two plants.