Gnats?

Hey guys, need some help with a positive ID of a little infestation I've got going on in my soil mix.

From reading here and checking out pictures via google I think I've got GNATS. I just need a second opinion before I sort the little buggers out.

They're tiny "nearly microscopic" white bugs that have been crawling around the soil for a day or so. When I checked up on the girls today there were literally hundreds of them and they were jumping (maybe attempting to fly) from the soil to the sides of the tub. When you look closely it actually looks like the fizz off a fresh glass of soda water if that makes any sense. I also noticed a few larger versions of the same (I think) bug crawling around the room. Maybe 4 or 5 at most.

I know it's tough without a pic and I'll try to get one but they're near impossible to capture.

So from the description above does it sound like gnats or more like white fly which is my second contender?

Edited by SoliSticS

Hey guys, need some help with a positive ID of a little infestation I've got going on in my soil mix.

From reading here and checking out pictures via google I think I've got GNATS. I just need a second opinion before I sort the little buggers out.

They're tiny "nearly microscopic" white bugs that have been crawling around the soil for a day or so. When I checked up on the girls today there were literally hundreds of them and they were jumping (maybe attempting to fly) from the soil to the sides of the tub. When you look closely it actually looks like the fizz off a fresh glass of soda water if that makes any sense. I also noticed a few larger versions of the same (I think) bug crawling around the room. Maybe 4 or 5 at most.

I know it's tough without a pic and I'll try to get one but they're near impossible to capture.

So from the description above does it sound like gnats or more like white fly which is my second contender?

Here's the best I could do photo-wise...That's super-macro full digital zoom for my poor little camera.

post-11530-1239871541_thumb.jpg