chemical taste

a proper flush before harvest, cut down before the lights on cycle begins and don't dry it too fast i've read that it can trap the chemicals inside the buds. if all else fails you could do a cure using something to flavour it like a orange peel or something like that. Also it should be noted that some buds do naturally have a somewhat chemical flavour

by flushing what you want to do is get rid of any left over nutes in the substrate and then feed only pure water for between 7-10 days.

The best way to do this is to dump your res and fill with clean water and turn your water system on for 4-5hrs, if you test your water before you start you will notice a fair increase of the ppm or ec. This is what you want, after 5hrs dump the res again and refill, i fill with the least amount of water possible to keep the water system working as im not a wally with water :pimp:.

What you want to do is get your ppm/ec down to your working water level (the actual ppm of your fresh water or close enough) what that means is there is no longer any nutes left in the medium and for the next 7 or so days the plants will only be feeding off the left over nutes in there system. You will experiance a fair amount of yellowing of leaves and dying leaves as this occures as the plants are living off the stored nutes in the large fan leaves.....

if in soil or not using a auto water system you can still do this by putting your pots in say a bath tub and bringing in the hose from the back give them a dam good flush (50-60lt) and then get a sample of the run off from the bottom of the pot and test the ppm of that.....

hope that helps

cheerz :pimp:

WHATS UP MAN!!!!!!....WELCOME!!!!

was just reading your thread when I noticed that you may have tested your bud before you harvested it.....if you did...did it slow down her growth any that you noticed???....I have a grow on here ....not shure how to get to it, i think through my name, not shure.....and am in the 5th week flower and would like to sample it but scared to death on how and where I should remove something......could I cut a branch with a asss load of bud sites on it ,close to the main stalk or should I just cut the bud from a branch....going nuts about this.....thanks for the time man....PEACE