Cannabis friendly doctors in S.E. Qld

bufo marinus

Question

Hey stoners, just been trying to locate a GP in the Fraser Coast area who is understanding towards the medicinal properties of Cannabis, without much success, so thought I'd ask the community to see if anyone here has found a good GP?

Even someone on the Sunshine Coast or Bundy possibly, or as a last resort, Brisbane.

Any suggestions? lol lol

Just do a bit of 'doctor shopping'.

I am pretty sure I saw a letter in Medical Observer from a doctor in QLD saying they need to talk more about medical Cannabis. See if you can find that letter on their site to get the guys name. I looked for a while but couldn't (I saw it in the magazine). There's gotta be a few out there man. Maybe you could also just ring up some surgeries and ask?

Edited by luciddreaming

Doctor shopping? How many doctors to you expect to visit, explain the story and get told no?? How do you get past the receptionist? "Oh excuse me, does the doctor prescribe cannabis maam?" Get real.

Somewhere in South East Queensland there will be a GP who hasn't got his head up his arse, like the majority, there has to be.

I'll find one.

By young gills means anyone under 55 lol

lol

errr anyway, I did check out the Medical Observer as per luciddreamings suggestion.

The only letter I could find was from a GP in NSW, it will be worthwhile replying to his post I hope, just need to sharpen the pencil and make sure I'm on my best behaviour when I respond.

It may be worthwhile putting an add in the classified section of that publication too I think.

Thanks for the suggestions and please keep them coming. PM if it's less obtrusive < good word lol

the colsest i know of is Mullum

ring the hemp embassy and ask for Michael or salty

they will be able to point you in the right direction

Dr Martin Heartman at mullumbinby

helped me

the best i could get is

a recomendation from him that i should continue my selfmedication program

in writting to present to court

he would not apear as a witness for me

his recomendation is good nuff for the judge tho

he belived my statment

but

tricked me into pleading not guilty due to mitagating curcomstances

i lost

cause i could not prove mittagation

i should have pleaded not guilty due to neccessarity

thats the only one that i have herd of that wins

its better to get your doctor on side the longer you have seen the doc the better

take all you stuff to him

show him tincture and ointment

tell him how you make it and adminster it

tell him your dose rates and what works

show him the everdance

good luck

and

irey guidance

Hey, i live around the same are you do,

contact me, i was unable to send you a private message....

cheers

Sorry mate, I can't send you any pm's. Perhaps you could make up 10 post's in the Forums? Thanks anyway.

Thanks Radic for the suggestion also.

Ok, after some very much appreciated help from the Hippy Mafia :thumbdown: we found a doctor who is not willing to endorse cannabis use but willing to record the effects of cannabis use in a medical report that will be put before a court.

Evidence that people's lives have improved by their use of Cannabis is what is needed to change things.

Anyone who is using Cannabis for their well being can help fight the War on Drugs right now by getting that evidence documented and in place so that information will build up and overpower the propaganda that Cannabis has no medicinal value.

Even if it's as simple as mentioning that an occaisional or daily toke helps keep you smiling and balanced, tell the doctor that.