Do You's Think My Lady Is Ready ?

post-3034-1239431799_thumb.jpgpost-3034-1239431634_thumb.jpg

Hey fellow OS'ers, I have a quick Question to ask you guy's, I have this 1 Female plant that I think is ready, since over the years of estimating when's the time to pick.

But I would like all your opinions on it too before it comes time for the chop.

She was a slow grower as well as my mini female (They are the same Age) and started showing clusters in January sometime, so I think she has been flowering for about 10 weeks but i'm only counting for sure 8wks.

She and the Mini plant were both seeded by a tiny male I had, that has died now.

They were seeded about 7-8 weeks ago and I can now see the seeds poping out with a decent slit in the bud..., so I think the seeds are done (I'm not that sure).

It was my first attempt at breeding too because I don't think I can get anymore seeds since not much seeded weed is going around, otherwise I would have them babies in all buds.

So let me hear what YOU guys think.

post-3034-1239431871_thumb.jpg

post-3034-1239431965_thumb.jpg

aloha bra

from my end it is hard to tell from top pics, pretty poor quality focus, the bottom pic is a little better, but to me it looks ready... matter of choice really, you should be looking for trichome maturity and the majority of pistils should have also matured...different highs for different maturity of trichomes i believe. The weight will max when you let it go to full maturity though. So good luck, damn how big is that lil female plant never seem one that small? aloha

im really close to harvy too,,, :yinyang:

Yeah I know pics are a little off focus cause I had to use the DV Camera, the digi-cam is flat as... (I don't know were the battery charger is either) :D I tried my best though.

Yeah I know about the last 2 weeks it puts on the most weight and I have to admit for about 3 weeks now it has bulked up alot and isn't sparse anymore, I also haven't fertilised it it for about 3-4wks. (I use Seasol and Powerfeed, Seasol for when it Flowers too, Organic Nutes Rule)

75%-80% of the bud hairs/pistils are red/brown/orange and the rest 20%-25% is white hairs/pistil maybe even less except for the lower half since that started late because it decided to grow a few nice little branches, but they seem Done too :peace:

That Mini Female is cute too isn't she, same age as my big Lady :yinyang:

Yeah but I already picked 2 at different times about 2-4 weeks ago and nothing happened even with the paper towels method, I recently got 3 seeds from the big lady but I don't know if the seeds are ready/viable and I put them in paper towels for 2 days then I put them in 3 seperate peat pots ( You know the ones you add water to and they become small pots with nets) and its been about 5 days all up and I don't think they are gonna work AGAIN :yinyang:

:yinyang:

G'day Bush_Grower,

If your plant is seeded then I would wait until most of the seeds have matured so as to have a good stock that can be used to start again another time :toke:

If they are fully formed and popping out of their pod , completely dark coloured (well from a light grey all over through to dark brownish colour) (Not pale at all) , then they are most likely ready and so Is the bud :D

80% red hairs sounds well matured ... If you can magnify the Trichomes (resin crystals) an amber tint signifies a well matured bud , but in this case I would be looking at when the seeds are all done ;)

I don't know if anyone else would agree with this .. but try and keep the plant relativly dry , and only water just enough .. when the plant starts to dry out a little (but way before it starts to brown) the seeds can often just fall out of the budz when prompted , definatly ready then but there seems a fine line between seed maturity and bud degradation from my experiences , and a couple of days can make alot of difference to both seed and budz ... So , just thought I'd share ... :peace:

It's always good to have some spare seeds around , No doubt :D

Cheerz , and all the best with it ...

Budman :D