Grow, then maintain height for a couple of weeks

Just wondering if it's possible to grow plants, then put them under a lower lighting level just to maintain the growth. I live in an apartment and may need to hide some plants from time-to-time for inspections etc. I would like to have them in grow when an inspection is due, but leave them at a height where I can easily hide them but then throw them straight back into grow without losing any of the vegetative quality.

I have a 100 grow grow light (not sure it was a good investment) and a 600w HPS. I'm thinking I could grow under the HPS then move them under the 100w for a week or two. Is this possible?

You could hide them for a day or so, even in the dark for 24hrs wont hurt too much, put a light bulb on a timer if its much longer to save too much shock i'd expect.

dunno why you would need to hide them for a couple of weeks thou? you should be able to get a specific date for the inspection.

cheers

I just don't want them too big to hide. I will get a date, but usually via a random letter in the mail, so I want to roughly control how big they will be. I want to grow them for around two weeks, then put them under a 100 watt fluro grow light until the inspection is done to stop them from getting too big if I need to. I will try to anticipate the inspection date, of course, and try to avoid this as much as possible.

If I had to do this, would it stress the plants? And would a 100w fluro grow light be better than a standard house bulb? Would it likely cause them to stretch?