Last night on Q&A

Last night a woman asked a question from the audience re Prohibition having failed and causing disorder on our streets and calling for full legalisation, the panel was split on the answer!! the tide is turning.

download or watch the video here. the question is 18'50"

http://www.abc.net.au/tv/qanda/txt/s2533595.htm

Edited by lightning

Morgaine, all is quiet on the western front, we have not heard boo since we lodged our documents at the high court, curious thing was that Simon overlord our new Police commissioner had a press conference within two hours of our lodgement stating the war on drugs was unwinnable as has been reported in another thread. Apart from that I have not seen much of the health ministers AGs or PM since we lodged, I figure they are kind of busy. I understand there was a meeting of AGs yesterday in canberra but that is not confirmed. If we get our case moved ti the high court then it will probably be us on one side with somewhere between 12 and 24 wigs on the otherside, which I figure is a fair fight, 2 onto 24 we have the bastards out numbered. :yinyang:

:toke:

I'm in agreement , Keep up the good fight Lightning ...

Is it silly to ask if you are keeping a record of all the great information that yourself and others are passing on to us here at Ozstoners??

I only ask because So much of It is scattered among differering topics and the Search engine here doesn't really justify the Site if ya know what I mean ... So , (Maybe after everything has cooled down a little) a compilation of links can easy be put up for people needing access to this type of Info? :)

Just thought I'd mention it ... My Bookmark folder is gettin too full :D

As for the TV show Q&A .. Yeah I watched most of that and caught the question you've mentioned ... It was obviously a tense point but that lady on the panel (Forget name sorry) had been regarding similar sentiment throughout the program ... actually most of them had comparitivly sensible opinions to that of what I was most likely expecting ...

Still they skipped that question pretty quick .. I think It could have been given more time and that also It could have been presented much better than it was.

:peace:

Just my 2 cents ...

Anyhoo , Take care everyone ... and maybe we should think about flooding Q&A with more of these and other sensible questions .. maybe even suggestions to host a series of shows purely on the topic ... again , if the numbers are there It is worth everyones while for consideration ... surely :D

Part of me thinks that the government may have to just "give" and change the laws regarding personal use/possesion/growing .. regardless of medicinal or recreational use ... because of the massive stress apon community resource and the complexities of setting up a feasible taxable system ... They must know they'd be better off just putting a "blanket lift" of the laws on all "Soft" "Recreational" drugs ... Big Problem Solved ... Simple. ;)

Rightio then , that's enough outta me :D

Cheerz,

Budman :yinyang: