Hi sunnycoaststoner,

very wispy growth, canna nutes in clay, new 600 hps been in flower bout 4 weeks. lets see what ya can come up with???

In order to provide good direction some additional information is needed.

Pic's are great to provide info on the "wispy growth" but information on watering/feeding sheduals , type if nutes (Canna ?), the plant (strain if known), lighting type, Medium and method of growing would help enormously.

From you pictures a number of possibilities arise;

1) Lighting inadequate (light times and/or light leaks)

2) Female was fixed up by a male (any seeds ?)

3) Medium not sufficient/inappropriate.

4) Lack of nutrients or possibly inappropriate (which Canna product)

If you can get back with more information and a possible photo of he whole plant perhaps it can be narrowed down.

:jedifight

Nitty.

sorry nitty, i was in a hurry when i posted this the other night. these are one of my mates plants. he started them with a really old bulb that has since been replaced with a new 600w hps globe. these are my red devil strain and i grow it regularly so i know there is no genetics at play here. the system is a 4 by 50lt pot recirculation system with clay balls as a medium. fed for 15 minutes every hour is how i do mine any less and due to clay not retaining water very well they start to wilt and droop especially in summer when temps are quite high any way. nutes are Canna Substra Vega and Flores, and they have had some monster bud in the brew as well. they are housed in a room specially built for the purpose in a workshop shed, so no light leaks and they on 12/12 for flower, i grown a few since i started and only had this or something similar happen when the plants are put back to veg during one of my experiments. plus i not familiar with canna nutes either dont know what levels they on??

Hi again sunnycoaststoner,

90% you probably could attribute to 5the inadequate lighting. I don't know how far into 12/12 you are with these plants but since you mention your feed info "monster bud" I take it the stretch (2-3 weeks has passed in 12/12) is well anad truel;y over.

Tell ya mat to start over - enjoy his bit of bud and now with the new bulb all may be improved.

Sometimes the most important lessons are learnt through failures like this.

::yinyang:

Nitty.