NSW Med use trial to be introduced...

Guest bacchus

Guest bacchus

today bob carr unveiled plans to introduce a med. marijuana scheme for chromic pain sufferers, cancer & h.i.v patients etc....

the legislation will be introduced in nsw in september and users will need to be registered and people with a drug offence conviction, those on parole, minors and pregnant women will not be able to participate.....the scheme is to run over a 4yr period

so a small victory for med users, and before all you pessimists jump on this and complain that it should be legal for all (we know that anyway), spare a thought for med users and be happy for them...... :blink:

check out article : Carr's Plan

cheers

bacchus

Edited by bacchus

Yeah, that was some cool shit. I love it when pot is on the news.

Now I just gotta go get myself sick and I'll be free to smoke whenever.

But yeah, this is good shit, Where is the pot gonna come from??? Can we get a liscence to grow MJ for sick people to sick to grow it themselves. That has been a goal of mine for a while, and now its legal.

The best bit about it on the news though I thought, was the fact they chopped up nice buds and packed a cone. Usually they show someone rolling a leafy tobacco joint.

Guest Urbanhog

similar news at nnemsn.com.au:

Marijuana trial to begin this year - Ninemsn.com.au News

there was a paragraph in this link made me laugh:

The chairman of Quit Marijuana Program at Sydney's Westmead Hospital, Jill Pearman, said the government's plan was "absolutely scandalous" and encouraged NSW taxpayers to protest the move.

:blink:

Urbanhog B)

Wow ! Go go you good thing, Go Bob Carr. That totally came out of the left field, although I havent been paying much attention to this issue since I last gave up on it some years ago.

Great news to med. users and maybe a slight relief to home-growers, since its a step in the right direction.

One by one , these old fellas are realizing that MJ is their friend not their enemy.

:blink: @ Buster's response at seeing Carr on TV...Hehehe yer he does fit the stereo-type ruther well, uses his camoflouge (sp?) well. Rekon theres alot worse pollies out there then him.

g'day; according to "jill" at Westmead, if young ppl see that mj is useful for medical complaints, they will think that it is ok to use or take a mind altering, brain damaging drug, she see's it every day at the 'quit marijuana' class she holds.

if i take that analogy and turn it a little, i can now see that if someone uses 'oxycodone', 'methodone' etc, for a number of years to alleviate pain, and it helps them, then that means that they are both safe drugs and i can use them for fun.......NOT.

wake up Jill, this is not a story book we live in.

why does every parent or adult forget they were teenagers?

i remember the same bs when i was a kid about drugs. the kids of today are just as wise as every parent/adult before them, at same age.

STOP BEING YOUR PARENTS, accept that teenagers are exactly the same attitudes that YOU had at same age. they will learn the same way you did.they will also listen as much as YOU did.

Edited by sols