Bud questions

I put three seeds down in a flowering pot on my balcony early January. All germinated and after about

six weeks i was able to distinguish a male from the two females. I immediately pulled out the male.

The two females are budding well, one is more advanced. My question: I recently noticed that the

buds on one plant appears to have seeds. At least this is what it looks like.

I have attached a photo. The things that look like seeds are easily popped if i squeeze them.

Are the buds developing seeds or are they pre-flowers? I have no experience with this, so please

excuse the stupid questions.

post-32569-1238829646_thumb.jpg

Hi zimboon,

It would appear that the male pollinated the female before you removed the male. Look on the bright side;

1) now you have seeds for next season.

2) after assessing the extent of he pollination spread you will have 'shakeable bud'. :freak:

Assessing the extent of pollen spread.

All guestimates zimboon!

1) Looking over other buds in about 1/4 (one visible side) of the plant. choose 3-4 average size buds that is affected (pollinated - has seeds) and count the seeds and/or pods.

2) Stand back look at the plant and take your best guess.

Nice seeded-up bud pic & nice going using seeds in a flowering pot on a balcony. :peace:

:thumbsup:

Nitty.

Thanks for the replies. Very strange that the two females were pollinated.

I removed the male as soon as i noticed the club formation of its preflowers.

Maybe someone else has a male nearby and the wind did the rest.

Maybe it was the birds or the bees...

Too bad, it was a fun project while it lasted and now i have nothing to show.

On the bright side, i took a clone from each of females and placed them in a

friend's greenhouse.

Next question, if the female was pollinated before i took the clone, will the clone

be pollinated already or is pollination only possible if the clone develops flowers

regardless of it being cloned from a plant that might have already been cloned?

I put three seeds down in a flowering pot on my balcony early January. All germinated and after about

six weeks i was able to distinguish a male from the two females. I immediately pulled out the male.

The two females are budding well, one is more advanced. My question: I recently noticed that the

buds on one plant appears to have seeds. At least this is what it looks like.

I have attached a photo. The things that look like seeds are easily popped if i squeeze them.

Are the buds developing seeds or are they pre-flowers? I have no experience with this, so please

excuse the stupid questions.

some one is a parent :thumbsup:

Hi

Next question, if the female was pollinated before i took the clone, will the clone

be pollinated already or is pollination only possible if the clone develops flowers

regardless of it being cloned from a plant that might have already been cloned?

YOU CLONE SHOULD BE CLEAN UNLESS THE MALE IS THERE WITH THE FEMALE.

:thumbsup:

Nitty.