Aeroponic Growers .. I need advice or a mentor?

Hi people ... newbie here :) (I have had some experience in hydro a while ago)

I have read an awful lot of topics about aeroponics here and on other sites. (it's taken me 2 weeks to read up :))

I still have a couple of questions so far, and maybe more later on :peace:

1. Are the sprayers run on 30 sec on and 3 minutes off, or 1 minute on and 5 minutes off.. I have seen both .. is there a difference?

2. Once the plant is switched to 12/12 for flowering, do you leave the sprayer cycle on the same as above, or turn them off for the dark period .. or something else ??

3. Do you need an airstone in the reservoir to aerate the nutrient solution or with this system is it unnecessary as the roots are in air?

Any advice appreciated.

I have yet to build the system, so any tips or help would be great. It will be 2 plastic tubs, bottom one as a reservoir and the top one as a root chamber not holding water, constantly drained into the lower reservoir.

**EDIT**

and !! What ph do you run at ??

And I guess I need a meter to check the nute concentration... what do you use (EC ?) and what concentration do you run at ??

I am planning on using Canna nutes at this stage unless someone tells me different... :)

Edited by MadamePandora

umm thanks

I had a look around that site, but can't see that it answers most of my questions.

It did give me an idea that I need to keep the sprayers on during the dark period as 12 hours is too long without misting.

But it doesn't provide info about PH or EC, timing or airstones ... which is not surprising as I am not planning on buying their product, instead will be building my own with microsprayers to produce a fine droplet spray.

Thanks for the reply though.

Ok this is what I have been able to find on another site

PH should be 5.6-5.7

Timer on sprayers should be 1 min on and 5 min off

and the EC should be

0.5 week 1

0.7 week 2

1.0 week 3

1.2 week 4-6

1.2 Flowering

Does anyone have any opinion that is different to this?

How often do you change the reservoir in aeroponics ?