tap root falls off?

just looking to see if anyone has ever had this happen?

had 3 seeds in a glass, 2 cracked, 1 grew twice as vigorous as the first, come home today and the tap root is in the bottom of the glass. it's fallen off? how could this happen? it's been in there for 2 days today and i haven't touched the seeds or anything? :peace:

sorry for no pics billo, i cannot comprehend how this happened? the tap root must have been about 5 mm out of the seed and when i came home just the white root was in the bottom of the glass about 5mm long (so not yet ready to plant)? it's as if it was snapped off. no one was home, no pets, not in direct sunlight? i don't understand? you can still see a bit of the tap root in the seed and the left overs of the root looking like the membrane that held it it. i don't know, best explanation is that it just fell off?

this was from a bag of freebies tho? i've read about them sometimes being crappy. the 3rd one is sprouting fine.. and i put the last two in water today.

got some coco too with the canna nutrients. geez it's getting serious.. might have to join the 420 crew soon

sorry for no pics billo, i cannot comprehend how this happened? the tap root must have been about 5 mm out of the seed and when i came home just the white root was in the bottom of the glass about 5mm long (so not yet ready to plant)? it's as if it was snapped off. no one was home, no pets, not in direct sunlight? i don't understand? you can still see a bit of the tap root in the seed and the left overs of the root looking like the membrane that held it it. i don't know, best explanation is that it just fell off?

this was from a bag of freebies tho? i've read about them sometimes being crappy. the 3rd one is sprouting fine.. and i put the last two in water today.

got some coco too with the canna nutrients. geez it's getting serious.. might have to join the 420 crew soon

yer cool man

freebie seeds are sometimes old

and i find i dont always get 100% germ rates

both with store bought and homemade seeds

maybe jsut put it down to experience

personally i like to plant em out int ot he jiffys

once tap roots are 5mmlong

i find much larger and they are very fragile

take acre

bil

i got my jiffy pack ready to go, i'll take your advice and look at planting the one that's catching up tomorrow then billo. i've got no idea how a tap root could simply break off.

i've seen this method done in heaps of places, just in a glass of water.. it works perfect, i blame seeds and maybe the fact that i wasn't around when it needed me the most. RIP.