lack of colour and leaves a little droopy

hey evry1 my plant is 17 days old and i just dont no if anythings rong with it or not but i paid pretty good money 4 the seeds they are dutch passions blueberry and i dont want 2 waste it i have the plant under a 400 hps and in a home made set up i dont no weather its getting over watered or not its on a constant pump all day till the light goes off but the water is airaited so i didnt think it should be a problem but the plant seems a little droopy and a little bit dull in colour but looks quite healthy still iv got pics but dont no how to put them up on a post if any1 could help it would be great

if that medium is perlite mixed with vermiculite.. then you need to cut back your watering.. try about 15 mins every 3-4 hours..

looks to me that the constant watering is 1`.. over watering the plant.. and 2.. starving the roots of oxygen..

with constant watering the plants need to rely on the water for its source of oxygen.. when you stop watering.. as the water drains, it draws air down into the medium giving the roots oxygen from the air..

what is you EC????????

i think it could a bit low

or a nutrient lockup due to ph or toxic buildup

flush

dowit now

put pure water in the top of the pot fast nuff to completely cover the top of the pot but not over flow the edges of the pot

seen

let all the flushed water from the bottom of the pot---> drain to waste

keep poring till the water that runs out of the bottom of the pot is---> clear <---

then stop

the flush is finished

now

start with a fresh sollution made at 1/2 your usual strength for the first day after the flush

then the next day back to usual strength for their age, or stage of development

they should be back to a rich green in a few days

meanwhile

suplement with a high N spray

like liquid worm or fish emulshion

mixed at 100water to 1fish or worm

that will help

whatz the tempeture in there???????

high grow room tempz will cause dem to suffer like dat too

low grow room temps must be maintained

irey guidance

Edited by Radic

yeh i think the ec is running a bit low i broke my pen so iv gotta by a new one so do you think it could be the vermiculite everest ill show yous sum more pics there two days older ill try cutting back the watering times although i thought having an air stone dididnt mater i turn the pump off when it sleeps and its got good drainage!!??

post-27815-1237460500_thumb.jpg

the thing with vermiculite is that it holds 5X its size in water... which makes it like a water crystal for hydroponics.. all what it does is slows down the drainage on the perlite.. couple that with running the pump the whole time that the light is on.. youre going to get over watering signs..

vermiculite really shouldnt be used in a hydroponics system.. for the reason that it does break down.. and will clog all the drippers and such.. ok.. it probably wont harm the plants any where near what it does the system and watering distribution..

have you got this in a recirculating system?.. with one pot inside the other.. hard to tell from the pic..

all i think you have to do is cut back your feeding.. with vermiculite.. and plants this size.. i would say 15-30mins every 3 hours ... even 4 hours..

or what you could do if you have any perlite left.. is repot it while its small into just perlite.. this would be the better way to go..