LED Grow lights

I have a 300W LED which has been growing for a few months now. It's design is different from most on the market. Most use 280 1W LED's which emit 35-75 lumens per watt and use a combo of up to four Red & Blue wavelengths eg. 435nm, 465nm, 635nm and 660nm. Mine uses 3600 LED'S (11,700 Lumens) bc I wanted a bigger footprint and more wavelengths of which it has 8. Manufacturing cost was less than $800 delivered including what I spent looking for a suitable producer.

In my experience most LED's are overstating thier actual performance at prices that should be criminal. Theoretically & mathmatically it pencils but not in practice. Most quality 300W LED's will outperform CFl's, use less power and emit next to no heat. They will not out grow a 400W Ceramic Metal Halide or Pulse Start but you could power 3-4 300W LED's for the same cost (which would outgrow them)+ pull fans & AC. My current design could be a game changer as it emits 39,700 Lumens. Hope this helps,

post-26372-1239145935_thumb.jpg

these are more suitable for a grow room hope it helps...Combination HPS/MH lamps combine a metal halide bulb and a high pressure sodium bulb in the same reflector, either with a single integrated ballast assembly or two separate ballast assemblies. The combination of blue metal halide light and red high pressure sodium light creates an ideal spectral blend and extremely high outputs.

Switchable, convertible & two-way lamps

Switchable, Two-Way and convertible lamps are used to burn either a metal halide bulb or an equivalent wattage high pressure sodium bulb in the same fixture, but not at the same time. These fixtures are used for propagating and vegetatively growing plants under the metal halide, then switching to a high pressure sodium bulb for the fruiting or flowering stage of plant growth. To change between the lamps, only the bulb needs changing and a switch needs to be set to the appropriate setting.