harvest time in south australia?

Hello

I have an outdoor plant, nice big smelly one.

Pistils are 25% brown, I'm not sure about identifying amber trich's, guess they're all still clear, I cant notice any difference from place to place

How to best tell when this thing is ready and whether its predominantly sativa or indica?.

If I post a photo, someone can give an indication?

thanks,

shane

Hi Shane, I'm also from SA. Nice looking plant, how the heck are you trellising it?

Mine looks like a pine tree and the neighbors might be getting suspicious.

I usually harvest April-June depending on how the plant(s) look. I guess that about 50% of the pisitils browning is a good guide. You'll need a good magnifier to examine the trichomes - there were some great pics on this site a while back - I'll see if I can find them.

From the look of the leaves I'd say Sativa dominant for sure.

Regards, G

hi shane.

As Gruntus says you really need a "You'll need a good magnifier to examine the trichomes" then you beed toi know what to look for so check out pic. Once you find someone who takes quality pictures with a good camera note there 'nic' and do a search on that 'nic'

c what find in my library post-5398-1237090747_thumb.jpeg Not what I was looking for but may help.

Note: The 'trichomes' are the small "globuals" and your gestimate, or choice of 'high' will depend on the % that is 'amber' v's those which are either 'clear' or 'milky'.

Be a devil and take & dry some popcorn (test sampling - everyone dose it & hardly no one wants to admit it.)

Looking nice for you those bud are shane :scratchin:

:stunned:

Nitty.

Hi G,

With the trellising I used a triangular frame around the plant and pulled everything down onto it with thin strips of old stockings, branches that were too small to reach at the time were tied to like a sub-trellis, which was then tied off to the main frame. The bottom branches have bigger heads than the 'top' of the plant, more growth in veg stage too and before it was tied down.

I was wondering about the indica/sativa thing to get a better idea of how long to expect for flowering, about 5 wks so far.

Hi Nitty,

Thanks for the pic and the leads.. I'll get a good magnifier and see how it goes.

I'm not much of a connaisseur, just wanted some organic bud. I smoke bugger all, so its really all the same to me outside of having be the best it can.

Thank you both.