newbie outdoor question

Hi guys,

I don't really post here much - only when I need help. ! :D

Hope you don't mind me leaching some more information from you.

My last grow was about 15 years ago....

The pics below were taken today. This plant is outside in Canberra in a tub with perlite and vermiculite - watered every second day or so (to keep it from wilting) with Dutch fest 2 part nutes. it has been flowering for about 3 weeks - some fan leave have started to drop which I read is normal during flowering - it is positioned in an 'ok' spot that gets sun until late afternoon. I'm a little concerned as Canberra is starting to get pretty cold and the pistols on the tiny buds are starting to turn brown. I was hoping for buds a little bigger than these tiny little things.

the Canberra tempritures for this week are... I think we had some single figures this weekend.

Wednesday Chance of a shower. Min 13 Max 23

Thursday Fine, mostly sunny. Min 13 Max 24

Friday Mostly fine. Min 14 Max 26

Saturday Fine, increasing cloud. Min 14 Max 27

Sunday Chance of a shower. Min 14 Max 25

Anyway I think I have a few options.

1: move the plant into my greenhouse but it will have high day temps and low night temps. It’s quite humid and I have occasional mite problems (sounds great doesn't it!)

2: leave it outside and wait to see what happens?

3: ease off on the nutes - just give water for a week and harvest.

Any help you can offer would be appreciated.

Cheers

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/6232/43105926.jpg

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/8711/24959876.jpg

HI watertrade,

The pics below were taken today. This plant is outside in Canberra in a tub with perlite and vermiculite - watered every second day or so (to keep it from wilting) with Dutch fest 2 part nutes. it has been flowering for about 3 weeks - some fan leave have started to drop which I read is normal during flowering - it is positioned in an 'ok' spot that gets sun until late afternoon. I'm a little concerned as Canberra is starting to get pretty cold and the pistols on the tiny buds are starting to turn brown. I was hoping for buds a little bigger than these tiny little things.

I see the plant as a quite mature veg wise & I suspect it is the temps & available light intensity that appears to be the main problem

the Canberra tempritures for this week are... I think we had some single figures this weekend.

Wednesday Chance of a shower. Min 13 Max 23

Thursday Fine, mostly sunny. Min 13 Max 24

Friday Mostly fine. Min 14 Max 26

Saturday Fine, increasing cloud. Min 14 Max 27

Sunday Chance of a shower. Min 14 Max 25

13 is low but not enough to kill it. The temperature range should not exceed (if it can be helped) 10 deg cel.

Anyway I think I have a few options.

1: move the plant into my greenhouse but it will have high day temps and low night temps. It’s quite humid and I have occasional mite problems (sounds great doesn't it!)

2: leave it outside and wait to see what happens?

3: ease off on the nutes - just give water for a week and harvest

I'd go for # 1 & move it into then greenhouse particularly @ night too avoid the cold.

:D

Nittty.

I wouldn't worry at all about those temps. I've seen plants harvested in the NSW Northern tablelands during late May and even early June where night temperatures are virtually freezing at that time of the year. Cannabis is a much tougher plant than its often given credit for. I have personally harvested outdoors at mid May a little North of Canberra no problems.

If you get the time have a read of some of the threads here about doing outdoor winter crops and some of the temps they can work with.