Channel 10 Sydney - 6/3/09 - Late News at 11.20pm

I am sitting here watching the end of Law and Order and an advert for Ten Late News pops up. The newsreader mentioned, amoungst the top headlines, that there is apparently plans 'to save the economy by legal marijuana farms'! This is all they said but I just wanted to get the word out there to all Sydneysiders (quite possibly other states too) to turn on Ten News at 11.20pm.

I hope this doesn't turn out to be a fizzer, i'll get back to you when I watch it.

OK so it did turn out to be somewhat of a fizzer. The section was about the marijuana legislation being put to the Californian government to legalise and tax it for recreational use.

While it is a good thing that this is in our mainstream media, I would much have preferred to see something about Australia getting off it's ass and legalising it.

the vote on the bill is 17th march

if they get it thru

it is only a state law

so the feds will still bust anyone breaks federal law thats up to obamma

and he allready stated he is not in favor of legalization

so its up to we to change his mind

if they do get the bill thru????????

obamma will have to act

free cannabis

heal the people

heal the land

Hey radic, it is disapointing he made that statement (which I don't think he will back off from), but maybe he might be able to get around it by giving the states the consitutional right to regulate cannabis how ever they want. That way no one can say he lied and those dumb arse republicians shouldn't carry on to much because there meant to stand for state rights.

I think the statement by holder gives hope they might go this way.

Awesome to see that the AB 390 bill is getting coverage in the Australian media. The legalization has to start in the US (or at least in some US states) before Australia will even start seriously debating the issue.

Edited by jabez

Hopefully this will begin a great step in the right direction.. If I don't see anything happening in the few years I'll be moving to Netherlands with my EU Passport :D or even Spain! or Portugal ! some were its frigging laid back and they know what there doing..!

Legalise it!