Help first time grow - plant is going bad. Too late to save?

Hi all

Started a grow a few weeks ago obviously something has gone pretty wrong? See the attached picture the plant seemed to be going alright a week ago all the leaves were a nice green no sign of yellow and the first set of leaves were extending out. Then the first leaves went pretty much fully vertical (curling up?) and now they are turning yellow from the inside (not the edges) and the cotelydon leaves one started to turn brownish as well as both going yellow.

I haven't used any fertiliser at all just a normal potting mix (saw someone mention somewhere that normal mixes have too much pine chips in them causing the soil to go acidic?). I have tried to go easy on the watering just keeping the soil moist? Have had some pretty hot/humid days in SE Qld and I think the plant might have got too much sunlight one day?

What have I done wrong too much sun? water? a deficiency of some kind in the soil?

Would appreciate any help anyone could give or is it too late for this plant and I should just wait until Spring to do a proper grow

post-28883-1236238153_thumb.jpg