its just not working :/

OK quick question from a first timer..

Once the seed has sprouted its whitish root to just a lil over a centimeter or so please tell me that you plant it just a few millimetres under the soil with the whiteish root thing pointing up, as in poking up out of the soil. If yes then ok I am doing it right but nothings happening. If no then "ooohhh ok I am an idiot"

I figured getting the seeds would be the hard part the rest would be easy.. This is really getting me down, I'm struggling through each day telling myself its going to be ok, I'll have some relief soon when the plants are done. At this rate I just dont know what I'm going to do.

Hey Queeny ,

that whitish root thingy is in fact a root and therefore should be pointing down.Roots head down last time I checked .

You should have sprouted it in potting or seedling mix .

To correct you will need a pot with good soil or potting mix . Bang the pot on ground , flatten mix , then water it .

Poke a hole in mix with skewer , insert ROOT FIRST till seed is below or flush with surface . The seed needs to be .5 to 1 cm under surface . If you need , add more potting mix to make it so , lightly water again or mist spray. Not too much heat or light for that day you transplant .

Did you ever get your seeds from HGS ? I'm curious .

Leave it alone gravity will do the rest fine crazytownqueen. Seeds may sprout with the white tap root pointing upwards but it will right itself. Provide enough light to it (them) is all they need apart from PH adjusted water/moisture

............................... All is fine. Avoid the temptation to play with it...................................... lol

that whitish root thingy is in fact a [tap] root and therefore should be pointing down. Roots head down last time I checked .

'Should & will' in a day or so. Give it undisturbed time

You didn't say what they are in (medium) but what kev says if fundementally right the seed contains enough food for it to germinate & really dosn't need any nutrients YET.

All the best

lol

Nitty.

Ive left them for quite a few days and it looks like they tried to correct themselves but then stopped. No worries I'll get it right next time. You know I knew it wasnt right, went against my better judgement and all, I just misread some information I guess.

These seeds were from seedsman.

I ordered from highgrade too but ive had nothing so far.

anyway here we go again try # 3

Thanks for the quick responses, I really appreciate it! lol

Yeah , swim's seeds from hgs took 2 follow ups and 3 months .

Ok . next time you plant seeds , follow the plan I gave you , nothing tricky like wet paper , water .

Searles premium potting mix , fill pot to top loosely , bang it down , water thoroughly , flatten out , place seeds on top , 1cm more soil , water lightly (or seeds will float out) and 4 days later , whammo .

You may need to water lightly every 2nd day if surface drys .

Do it naturally .