week 5 of flower look more like week 2!?

Hi fellas,

Back into growing again and thought i'd try my luck at this coco method, heard its the ducks nuts and am feeling it.

My plants, Skunk 1 and 2 Unknown strains are looking very healthy. Although they are in week 5 of flowering and they are lagging behind for some reason. :wave:

I did have a problem with my runoff EC being quite high at 3.0 for a while until i flushed out about a week ago and lowered my Res EC to 2.0 (my tap water is 0.4)

The only other thing that may be a factor is that i am growing in a backyard shed during the night as the temps during the day are unbearable. it hits 40 some days during the day and so it would be the same in the shed (which is well insulated) I guess the average temp at night whilst the lights are on would be around 35 celcius and during their sleep time would be from 25 - 40 celcius. I know its best to have a big range in the two periods but if you lived where i do you'd know there is no other way until winter!

I have been using some globes that i know are not that old, maybe 2 - 3 grows, but just incase i have changed them today.

Anyone got any ideas on why these babies are dragging their feet? I have patience but 5 weeks and no substance to look at is taking the piss in my opinion!

Look forward to your replys...

post-26319-1234179212_thumb.jpg

post-26319-1234179229_thumb.jpg

post-26319-1234179253_thumb.jpg

post-26319-1234179270_thumb.jpg

Cheers Fella's,

I used canna-coco coco in the bag, and have been using Hy-gen coco bloom nutrients with a value of 20 - 10 - 34 and over the last week a dash of Canna PK

I keep a written diary to keep track of dates and I went off the first sign of female flowers (the little hair) It is the end of week 4 and the start of week 5 when the photo's were taken.

I checked my timer a few weeks ago to make sure it was all good for 12hours and no problems there, and it is still the same.

I have grown this strain before being skunk 1 but the other two are an unknown strain from Sensi Seed Indoor Mix, it is just strange that all the plants seem to be a little behind, not just the skunk 1.

Not much I can do i guess except have patience, the old saying a watched kettle never boils comes to mind! The plants look bloddy healthy otherwise and I am exspecting a bumper crop, I just hope the whole process is not drawn out as much as it has been for the first couple of weeks. I always like to wait for my buds to really ripen, might be a 10 week cycle!

Thanks for your help guys and I look forward to any more information...

something might have been wrong with your plants they may have been slower in flowering from the start and the PK u might have added to early causing it to extend the flowering cycle? when they say add PK at a certain week thats a rough idea its up to you to know when to add it by telling how far the plants are along into flowering i have never used PK but i have red if its added to early it will greatly extend your flowering cycle if the plants finish at all :scratchin:

Well I cant understand why adding PK too early would slow everything down. I will take it on board though. In my understanding PK is just a nutrient additive with Phosphate at 13% Potassium at 14% which is supposed to stimulate flowering. Yes I added some last week, but in the Canna Coco feeding guide it says to add the PK 13 14 when the first small buds start to form, which they did. NOt the first hairs or anything but the first sign of small fruit. I only added a dash, about 5ml / litre even though it says to use 15ml/l i like to take things slow (ironic)

I would be interested to know where you read the information on PK slowing down the flowering process and maybe even stopping it, I have heard many opinions throughout my growing years (i'm sure we all have) but these days i need facts to back up peoples ideas before i go and rip out my babies! I guess we could start a thread on the stupid things we have all heard about growing dope (and I am not saying your statement is stupid) , my favourite, which is more an outdoor one is that to make your plant bud, dont water them! what a joke, and they were serious.

I guess patience is the cure, they are still moving along, just v e r y s l o w l y

look forward to any more ideas.

peace

Hi blacksunempire,

As Gazza say's 3 weeks "before harvest".

So how do you know when that is ? 1) Experience trough growing one strain more than once is best but not practical.

2) Experience :peace:

One thing that could explain the poor yield apart from "strain" is either light leak(s), or an old bulb.

Just a thought !

The plant pic look @ 3-4 weeks

All the best with finding out whats up.

:thumbsup:

Nitty.

Light leak or old bulbs will cause the growth rate to slow

use a cammera light meter to check yah bulbs are up to standard

Yo

be absolutley certain there are no light leaks

seen

PK is strictly for the 2 wk change over period from Veg to Bloom

During the change over period -->growth rate will dramaticly slow