Increased Quality and Density

I was told some time ago by an old grower :wave: that although the common info is "when the hairs go brown you should clip". You can, if you want, but just wait!!

What a pothead like me wait? :bongon: WHAT?? :drunk:

That info has been a little refined with crystal colour being the ultimate.

But I would like to know if anybody knows that the plant repeats the browning and regeneration of the hairs again and again. each time swelling the bud from inside. The resulting more mature smoke is fantastic. >:( The first time i attempted this the swelling of the pods holding the hairs made me think seed :peace: but when the hairs emerged multiplied and STICKY and SMELLY. :P lol I was like a pig in shit.

It took about an extra 2-3wks for the hairs to brown, drop off and regenerate.

On one occasion I did 3 brownings but now try and get a minimum of 2. Many people have been impressed with the results.

Anybody else heard this or tried it even??

Thanks

Merl1n :wave:

greetnz Merlin

imo

imuature budz are high in CBD

mature buzd hight in THC

overmature budz high in CBN

all have their different stones and medicinal qualities

so where and how you wanna finish is strictly a personal choise

i have met people suffering from vairous ailments prefering high CBD cannabis tincture and hashish

and others prefering high THC or CBN

for outdoor budz most will mature at ruffly the same time

early in the harvest season most outdoor budz are fulla CBD

and late in the season the budz are high CBN

the moons gravity also seems to effect cannabis flowering

from

Marijuana Botany by Robert Connell Clarke

Root growth seems accelerated at the time of the new moon, possibly as a response to increased gravitational pull from the alignment of sun and moon. It also seems that floral cluster formation is slowed by the full moon. Strong, full moonlight is on the borderline of being enough light to cease floral induction entirely. Although this never happens, if a plant is just about to begin floral growth, it may be delayed a week by a few nights of bright moonlight.

Conversely, plants begin floral growth during the dark nights of the new moon. More research is needed to explain the mysterious effects of moon cycles on Cannabis

a bitt more

The biosynthesis of cannabinoids and terpenes parallels the developmental stages of the calyx and associated resin-producing glandular trichomes. Also, the average developmental stage of the accumulated individual calyxes determines the maturational state of the entire floral cluster. Thus, determination of maturational stage and timing of the harvest is based on the average calyx and resin condition, along with general trends in morphology and development of the plant as a whole.

The basic morphological characteristics of floral maturation are measured by calyx-to-leaf ratio and internode length within floral clusters. Calyx-to-leaf ratios are highest during the peak floral stage. Later stages are usually characterized by decreased calyx growth and increased leaf growth. Internode length is usually very short between pairs of calyxes in tight dense clusters. At the end of the maturation cycle, if there is still growth, the internode length may increase in response to increased humidity and lowered light conditions. This is most often a sign that the floral clusters are past their reproductive peak; if so, they are preparing for rejuvenation and the possibility of re-growth the following season. At this time nearly all resin secretion has ceased at temperate latitudes (due to low temperatures), but may still continue in equatorial and subtropical areas that have a longer and warmer growing season. Greenhouses have been used in temperate latitudes to simulate tropical environments and extend the period of resin production. It should be remembered that greenhouses also tend to cause a stretched condition in the floral clusters in response to high humidity, high temperatures, lowered light intensity, and restricted air circulation.

here is a link http://www.mellowgold.com/grow/mjbotany-re...anabotany4.html

irey guidance

Hi there Radic

Thanks for the info

Mine is indoor. I haven't given the moon cycle much thought as my lights are on during the night and dark time is usually daytime. I do this due to the heat in the day and i can inspect the room at night when i get home from work without upsetting the plants darktime. But i may just have a look @ the moon cycle.

As for the level of CBD vs THC vs CBN. Personally I like the taste of the more mature smoke and the high that goes with it. I have found that my pain reduces more with less smoke. I have been told by Dr's it's because smoke is a relaxent. Again personally I don't care why, I just care that it works. Nothing the medicos can do to help, so I'll help myself. I certainly agree with you on the fact that it is personal choice and what one person (ME) likes and if it works, even better.

Thanks again

Merl1n

UnknownArtizt,

howzitgoin, they are different cannabinoids or what gets you high. In layman terms one gives you a body stone one gives you a head stone. Some people like a head stone some people like a body stone. It's a preference thing what do ya like?? Hope this Helps

MERL1N