Breaking

Found this floating around and was wondering if anyone here has tried or knows if it helps with growth?

Quote Hightimes:

BREAKING

Breaking is an advanced technique(Supercropping II, Sep. 00 HIGH TIMES) whereby you break the inner herd of the plant without damaging the outer, which is where all the plants strength comes from. Break open the stalk of a cannabis plant and you'll notice immediately the hard, outer herd. This is where textiles come from. The soft inner, lighter colored material is pure cellulose.

The plant passes water and nutrients cell to cell through this network of cellulose. Breaking the plant's inner walls will cause it to rebuild. But it rebuilds these networks better than they were before; it rebuilds so fast (under good growth conditions) that 24 hours later the plant is using the new highways and it's increased capacity for moving water and nutrients.

This technique can begin as early as the seedling stage. Twisting the plant gently, using both hands so you don't pull on it's roots. Work each of the plants branches every 2", up to once week. Do this by grasping the spot to be treated with two fingers of each hand. Use one hand to stabilize, while the other gently, slowly twists. Or you can twist with both hands in opposite directions, slowly until you feel a slight snap. When the plant's get heartier you will actually be able to hear it.

It sounds like it would, your thoughts?

BREAKING

Breaking is an advanced technique(Supercropping II, Sep. 00 HIGH TIMES) whereby you ....

Yep, its seems to me people have been doing this to their beloved cannabis plants for hundreds of years, even moreso in these days of illegality circumstanceses dictate the backyard crop cannot be allowed to grow higher than the neighbours fence etc,

more often than not the plant develops an extended framework giving the plant ability to produce more buds when the main grow shoots are made to grow horizontially as opposed to left grow 'natural' in a typical vertical xmas tree shape so to speak,

i beleive many here use the technique to great effect in one way or another ... i have done it in the weeks around the onset of flowering and it resulted in more multiple flower formations , i was very happy with results but i never really tried it on young ones but principle is the same ...

i believe the spelling is also hurd ... as in 'breaking the hurd' , i only mention that cause you may search it as there are some guides or examples to it around the net some bloody where! .. but as a stoner i cant merember where :) ...

:D