Nutrient change time?

Cheers, good to get peoples thoughts/methods. :freak:

hard eyes I've only done a couple of grows inside so I'm no expert, hence asking what others do..So I'm not sure if there is any advantage using veg a little longer?Probably not I would think. Sure I get reasonable yields but each grow changes a bit for me until I feel I've got the best method.

I think I'll switch to flower nutrients upon the switch to 12/12 now...I'm using a coco/potting mix blend

Most store bought nutirents come with a management plan as well as mixing directions

displayed on the lable

the plant management plan

read it and follow it

the 2 week period between Veg and Bloom is called

the Change Over Period

your plan should mention this, and give advice

if not

than just follow what is says to swap from Veg to Bloom nutrients

that is the safest way

tried and proven

my advise

wait till you get a bit more experience

before you start to fine tune and experiment

when you feel confident with your management

that is the time to try someting new

irey guidance

Radic

Hash Oil Rulez

apparently the idea of using veg nutes for up to 10 days after the change to 12/12 is so the plant uses up all the remaining veg nutes to assist imminent bud production, the directions on my nutes says to start bloom nutes as soon as buds begin to set. i wonder if using a bloom additive in the veg nutes for the first week after 12/12 would help much? :yinyang: as for flushing, well...the old guy i bought my system off told me not to bother about flushing. B) so i didnt. 3 weeks later i had sick looking plants and one with what looked like corrosion at the base of the stem. B) i put it down to toxic levels off salt residue and buildup in the medium after eliminating all other possible causes. this is caused mainly by evaporation, so of course when the drippers ran on to the medium it washed this shit through the root system, not good. anyway, 2 days after a good flush with the hose and their booming again. :D i learned that lesson for myself, glad i fixed it myself though. now i will flush every 2nd or 3rd nute change. dont always listen to the guys in the hydro shops. :D somethings you just gotta learn yourself. :) trying to put up sum pics, but i dont know how?

Im using canna aqua nutes and i do not change over untill 2 weeks into flowering,

1. because there is no flowers to feed

2 if i change over to soon i get excessive yellowing in flowering to the point i lose yeild

3 because for first 3 weeks into flowering plants are still growing at a fast rate upwards and if i was to use just the flowering mix my plants will strecth beond the stars

;)