Trimming /cutting lower branches

HI folks

Im on my 5th week of veg , i notice my plants are getting quite bush from the lower end ,, i havnt trimmed/cut off any branches yet ,, Should i be ?? and if so how do i know which ones to cut off,,whats best practice ,,,and if i need to cut ,, do i need to apply anything onto cut area of plant or will clean razor sharp cutters be fine enuff ,, ill try to get pics up soon

Thanks in advance for any help

G-Man

Edited by Ganja-Man

I tend to never cut anything off, unless its got some sort of pest or disease problem I would take it off then but I've never encountered those problems. Except for taking cuttings ofcourse.

If you have the space to do I recommend bending the growth and train it to create more tops, thats generally the approach I use with all my grows, works great.

We dont really know what your growing and how. Maybe go into more detail, are you doing a sea of grean a scrog? lollypopping? By the sounds of it if you do cut off the lower growth that would be lollypopping, which I reckon if you wanted to do a SoG then thats the best thing to do. Naycha's advice is pretty solid with how to administer the cut :freak: